Merlin's Grow Log

Yeah, I did OK in chemistry but physics (and electronics) is something that I really enjoy.

My wife is just the opposite, she has a masters in chemical engineering. She is not much for physics or electronics.

Neither of us know much about plant biology. But here we are growing plants for a hobby in retirement.

7 Likes

Mr Wizard :mage:‍♂ I got one word! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! :heart_eyes::+1::+1::v::metal:

8 Likes

Thanks, that is a blast from the past. Did you look up the spelling? I know I could not spell that from memory. Heck, I can barely say it from memory. LOL

8 Likes

I just say it in the iPhone spells it. :wink::sunglasses::v::metal:
It used to be the largest word in the dictionary

3 Likes

Mrs SuckerPunch was certified today so I don’t have to worry about anyone watching us anymore. Went ahead and did the 3year license. I have a CDL so they won’t give me a medical card. It’s a very joyous day in the SuckerPunch household. :clown_face::clown_face:

13 Likes

Congratulations! Must be a big load off your minds.

8 Likes

Yeah the constant trips to the garage with jugs of water. Now they can look all they want😂

7 Likes

Mrs Merlin says I am certifiable but I don’t think she is talking about cannabis cultivation. LOL

14 Likes

Aren’t we all a little bit anyway?:crazy_face::crazy_face:

7 Likes

I did not even know that it was a real word. I will look it up to see what (if any) the meaning is. LOL

4 Likes

Two of my favorite things, both clearly represented in your approach and success.

2 Likes

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Means Fantastic or Wonderful. It’s just the biggest way to say it! :wink::sunglasses::v::metal:

3 Likes

How Much of a increase in your final yield and improvement in the quality using this light strategy? I like to work and think outside of the box myself and have wondered if there was any way I could optimize my grow to produce as much as absolutely possible. I’m no physicist by any means lol but I do lots and lots of studying and reading about different things. Your strategy is intriguing to me.

4 Likes

Looks awesome Merlin. :+1:
And thanks for the clarification on the lighting schedule. :wink:. Appreciated.
That’s a just in time tidbit of info. Switching to flower this weekend.
God I love this place. :+1::grin:
:v::pray:

8 Likes

I can’t really answer this because it has been an incremental process. As I improved/modified my growing environment and control, I have also improved my skills as a grower.

I have considered doing a grow of all clones from something that I have had consistent success with. I would put 6 clones in my main room with all of the fancy stuff and 2 clones in one of the tents with typical lighting schedules and without the red spectrums nor the UV. Setting the light intensity the same in both environments would likely produce the answers to your questions.

I get around 5 lbs plus or minus in my main room which is just over 1 g per watt. My skills as a grower are still fairly new as I have only grown for 3 years. I like to think that my growing environment and the tight control over that environment makes up for my fledgling skills. If nothing else, I have consistency going for me because I take many notes and am careful to do things the same way each time unless I am making a change for a specific purpose.

15 Likes

There should be some sort of fan fair when we switch to flowering schedule. That is one of the major events of any photo period grow.

To that end, TaDa! :partying_face:for your flipping day.

16 Likes

Great info Master so good :+1:

2 Likes

Umdrehentag!

6 Likes

I am not very hip, @GREANDAL, what does that mean? Cool video, kind of freaky and disturbing. Just goes to show how important gravity is. LOL

4 Likes

Umdrehen = Turning over (flipping)
Tag = Day

Yeah there is really something to the psychological effect of watching what the mind believes to be a physical impossibility. And I’m as far from hip as one can be. :joy: I’m just a smartass.

5 Likes