Merlin's Grow Log

I will wear my hardhat and body armor to protect myself just in case. :rofl:

12 Likes

Thank you for the kind words and support! :sunglasses::v::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Looks good there Merlin, hope you and the Mrs have a great Thanksgiving!

8 Likes

Oooh!!! Scrog nets are on! Canā€™t wait to see some Merlin buds start popping up through there :wink::v::bear:

9 Likes

@Royc Iā€™m making FECO, full extract cannabis oil. It makes a potent concentrate that you can then add into edibles, some use straight to treat for cancer.

So itā€™s not infused. Itā€™s 90-95% cannabinoids.

Also called RSO or Rick Simpson oil.

15 Likes

Same to you and your family @dbrn32, we will be staying home and having a simple meal together. Much like every day :grin:

Thanks @MattyBear, I will be flipping later this week or possibly next Monday at latest. Every few days I am pruning a little bit in preparation.

I need to find out what is involved in producing RSO and how to use it. :thinking:

12 Likes

You Tube is where I found it

1 Like

did you put that pvc piping together, or did you buy it as a kit?

3 Likes

I designed and built itā€¦

5 Likes

I am impressed, I bet you can do that outside too.

4 Likes

Can you imagine what theyā€™d look likeā€¦amazing

2 Likes

I am not certain that you would need to do something like that outsideā€¦If you had a need it will certainly work.

2 Likes

In the summer I grow at least 20 plants out side, need a blue print and a plan!

4 Likes

Here is what I have:
SCROG Bill Of Materials and Cut List

This design is specific to growing in 10 gallon pots (fabric and plastic)

NOTE: Adjust sizes to meet your specific needs

Base Unit
(1 ea) 22" X 22" X 1/2" plywood
(5 ea) 1" swivell casters
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC 90 degree elbow
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC ā€œTā€
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC 45 degree elbow
(4 ea) 3/4" cross
(8 ea) 3/4->1/2 reducer bushing
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 9" long - lower base frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 20 1/2" long - upper base frame supports
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 6 3/4" long - upper base frame
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 3 1/2" long - upper base frame

SCROG Frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC ā€œTā€
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC 45 degree elbow
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 14" long - SCROG frame
(8 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 4" long - SCROG frame
(4 ea) 1/2" PVC pipe 16" long - SCROG frame vertical supports

You will need about four 10ā€™ pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe for each setup that you build.

Four of the casters will be attached near the corners of the plywood base and the fifth caster will be attached in the center of the plywood and will have washers placed between the caster flange and the plywood to make the center wheel a tiny bit taller than the corner wheels. This is done to make rotating easier.

The ā€œSCROG frame vertical supportsā€ have 1/4" holes drilled every 4" for the adjustment pins.

Use twine or string for the actual screen. Either install 1/2" sheet metal screws or drill holes every 3" - 4" for the twine/string.

One last thing that I did was to put screws at each ā€œcornerā€ around both the frames and strung twine very tightly to hold everything together. I did this rather than glueing so that I could easily modify or store the SCROG frames.

I hope that this helpsā€¦

26 Likes

nice, I bet a lot of growers will use those

6 Likes

There are a number of folks with similar setups. I stole design components from many of them. LOL

9 Likes

@Dreamer I should point out that this design is overkill in many ways. You can build a workable version for about one half the cost (maybe less) by eliminating the adjustment feature and several other non-essential components.

3 Likes

Outside, thereā€™s plenty of light penetration, so not as much need to spread them out. But if you top them lots of times, they get huge outdoors!

18 Likes

It would take me longer to trim all of that than it would take to grow it.

9 Likes

too much work for me

3 Likes