Merlin's Grow Log

On Monday there will be an official update. This post is really for those newer growers that have questions regarding how different their plants look from the other plants growing next to them.

I cracked a pair of Maui Wowie seeds on Sept 21, one looked normal and the other was puny and totally deformed and looked like it would not survive. I did not do anything remarkable to save the puny one, I just left it alone like the others.
Here is puny MW-2 when it was about three weeks from sprouting:

And here it is on day 44:

And here is a photo of the normal looking Maui Wowie on day 44:

MW-2 will likely have much lower yield than MW-1 but it will produce at least 8 - 9 zips, I am certain.

Another example of two Gold Leaf plants. GL-1 was the largest plant in this grow during the first month or so. GL-2 was a “redrop” five days later because the original Gl-2 seed never germinated.
As of day 44 GL-2 is much larger than GL-1 even though it is nearly a week younger.
GL-1 on Day 44:

And the younger GL-2 on Day 44:

As you can see, each seed will grow into an individual plant with its own characteristics which may or may not be what the grower expects.

Unlike many, more accomplished growers, I give all of my plants the same watering and nutrient treatments (unless there is an issue to be dealt with). Each plant is pruned according to how that particular plant grows. It is worth mentioning that MW-2 is still miss-shapen and weird looking, just growing well. It will need a bit more pruning than normal to insure good air flow.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to tag in newer members of the forum en mass, I hope that a few of you see this and can benefit from some of it.
Happy growing and have a great Saturday, everyone.

15 Likes