Merlin's Grow Log

Dust is definitely made up of a lot of nasties.
I too have had issues with oscillating fan failures. Currently my fan works, but no longer oscillates. I say we get an engineering firm on an industrial version of a fan for grow rooms.

Another thought, there is a $170 fan at Lowe’s rated for outdoor, looks pretty industrial I’ve been eying. Willing to bet it probably has metal gears. Haven’t really looked into it, but I’m sure we could find a competitive fan that was cheaper that still works just as well rated for outdoor.

4 Likes

You would think so, wouldn’t you…So far I have not had much luck. The Hurricane Pro model has all metal gears but even the more expensive industrial fan don’t often sport actual bearings, just better bushings which still suck.

I can’t imagine what a fan would cost (retail) if it were actually well designed. That based upon what is currently out their and how much they cost.

I think “small” fans, think 24" and less, are viewed as not much more than consumables with the expectation of relatively short life.

3 Likes

Any thoughts about soldering an external snap disk in for that fan?

4 Likes

I did consider doing something like that but ultimately decided not to mess with it.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is update day but I finally got the September Sativa Grow transplanted, very hard on my back so takes me a while (three transplants per day is my limit - then vape and rest LOL).

They look OK after their ordeal:

The two in back are purple haze transplanted two days ago along with one of the Maui Wowie in the middle. The other MW and the two OG Kush in front were transplanted yesterday. The white powder everywhere is DE for gnat control.
@dbrn32 @Haildamaged @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @guy @holmes @elheffe702 @Gremmall @missiles @blackthumbbetty

Will be topping later today in preparation for some vigorous training. Will also spray with Captain Jack’s as a preventive measure for other nasties.

20 Likes

@WonkaMan @DoobieNoobie @Teacherttom1 @AAA @oldguy @growtus @roost1 @pyper

3 Likes

Your ladies are looking great @merlin44 ! Gardening can be back breaking at times but the rewards are undeniable :grin: your hard work pays off in your girls :wink:

7 Likes

Indeed, also it has provided me with some motivation to improve my fitness level so that I am able to do the required work. My recent bout of back spasms was a wake up call - get my act together before I become a total invalid.

4 Likes

Yoga my dude… not only are yoga pants god’s gift to mankind and motivational on sooo many levels, but yoga in general strengthens ur core without getting into weights. And the back is where it starts

7 Likes

Mrs Merlin has been urging me to do something like Yoga or Palates to improve my general flexibility as well as strengthen my core. Thanks Purp.

Yoga pants may be motivational but nobody wants to see an old guy wearing spandex LOL. At 62 years old, 6’ 1" and 200 lbs I am only a bit over weight but nobody wants to see it.

4 Likes

Lmmfao! No no no man. We were bball shorts and sweatpants (god’s gift to women btw :wink:) but ull QUICKLY find out what i mean. Sign up and give it a go

6 Likes

I get it now LOL…having never been to a fitness gym, yoga session or any such thing, I am totally uninformed (and yes a little bit scared LOL). I am going to get into something, will look into it today.

I am still sitting here laughing like an idiot at the thought of all of this.

I am sure that they are all VERY thankful for the coverup.
Goes to show that some coverups are a very good thing.

4 Likes

They really gotta give us more likes :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Girls look good after their move @merlin44.And I feel you on the back friend. Hopin mine are ready by the weekend for their repot. :v:

5 Likes

like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like

There you go, a whole bunch of likes to use any way you want LOL

7 Likes

The wife bought me a yoga mat, block, and several neck/back specific videos about 8 years ago. It’s all still in its packaging.

I don’t do floor work, because I’ll never be able to get back up again. Even with exercise videos; if they want me to get down on the floor, I refuse. They’re not my supervisor.

6 Likes

When I start rooting around our place, I am amazed at how many ideas have resulted in purchasing stuff and then getting put aside and forgotten (on accident of course LOL). Literally dozens of projects that could be completed if I were motivated. Also, thousands of dollars wasted :sob:

Getting up off of the floor is not an easy task and is fraught with risk - therefore stay off of the floor. The floor is for walking on, not laying or sitting on. LOL Mostly the floor prevents us from sinking to the center of the earth. ha ha

5 Likes

Looking good, as usual!

4 Likes

Thanks dbrn, really appreciate you taking time to drop by. You have a lot going on, both here and at home.

4 Likes