Merlin's Grow Log

I hope your back gets better soon so you can get back to normal, back pain really sucks. Prayers and well wishes your way brother.

3 Likes

Back is SLOWLY improving, continuing to be very gentle with it as there is a good deal of work ahead of me. Thank you for all of the well wishes and support. Another week and I should be ready for rehab training.

I have been rough trimming and moving buds into curing boxes.

The big question is:
What temperature should I maintain during the cure? The drying was done starting at 60 F and bumping up to 63 F about a week in. They spent 13 days in the drying box.
@elheffe702 @Missiles @Mrcrabs @blackthumbbetty @BlackShirt
@Covertgrower @MacGyverStoner @Gremmall @aaa @PurpNGold74

6 Likes

Plus @Gremmall @WonkaMan @Sage @DoobieNoobie @Teacherttom1
@Holmes

3 Likes

Im not sure man. I just dry in a dark room. Normally around 60% humidity and 70 degrees

3 Likes

Sorry bud I’m not good and advice giving on drying, I harvest in late October early November and blast my ac unit and hang my whole plant in a dark bedroom, dry trim , don’t pay to much attention on details, I can’t harvests in the summer months it’s too hot

3 Likes

I believe that I found the answer to the cure temp question.
@Myfriendis410 stated in a post that room temperature is best for the cure, so room temperature it is.

He does explain the reasoning which I won’t repeat here.
Thanks @PurpNGold74 @Mrcrabs

Edit: here is a link to his explanation: https://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/curing-processing/31426/2?u=merlin44

9 Likes

Sounds about right I can nearly get my room to 70 degrees during winter months, We hit 110 yesterday ac won’t won’t do justice during summer in Texas

5 Likes

Yep that’s what I try for is room temp. Same for long term storage of jars. Find a nice closet in the house that doesn’t get opened a lot. Glad to hear your back is a little better. I hope it gets much better much faster from here on out.

4 Likes

Under the bathroom sink is pretty cool, dark and dank. I store my jars (when I have them) under there. But I agree, anywhere somewhere dark and room temp will do.

4 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got a plan for the cure now… for your buds anyway. Now you just need one for your back! If only it were as simple getting the wife to stick you in a dark closet for week! I’m sure she’d be willing to give it a try.

6 Likes

Mrs Merlin thought this was funny as hell. What ever it takes…LOL
The back is a bit better this morning, was able to walk for a bit without a cane WooHoo!

5 Likes

By the way @WonkaMan, great double entendre with “the cure” I did get it but was still waking up a bit and figuring out what my condition was going to be today. Much to do in the room after two weeks of neglect.

4 Likes

I cant lie. I laughed out loud as well. Smooth move Wonka. Smooth move

4 Likes

neeeeoooommmmmmmmmm

Right over my head lol

4 Likes

…Glad I could amuse. A little distraction now and then is healthy for the mind.

6 Likes

All of the buds from the April grow are in tubs awaiting final trim.

The June grow has been in the flower room for two weeks but have been neglected until a few days ago when I could get in there and water/feed them and give them their pre-flip pruning. This grow may suffer from the two weeks of neglect although they are looking OK after a couple of days of proper care.

Flipping to flower today:

The small plant to the right is the Super Silver Haze that has been scrawny and sickly ever since sprouting. It will not amount to much and will only stay in the room until it gets in my way just one too many times, then out to the forest with it :hot_face:
@elheffe702 @Missiles @Mrcrabs @blackthumbbetty @BlackShirt
@Covertgrower @MacGyverStoner @Gremmall @aaa @PurpNGold74

14 Likes

Plus @Gremmall @WonkaMan @Sage @DoobieNoobie @Teacherttom1
@Holmes

4 Likes

Way back when I picked my fav (ssh) I “thought” we were picking the plant we didnt think would amount to much lol. So really I’m the clear favorite at this point :smile:

1 Like

In general SSH has been one of my most productive strains and I really like it a lot!!!

Two of the healthy plants are SSH the other four are 2 each of Strawberry Cough and Chocolupe.

5 Likes

I really should go start my SSH beans…
everyone looks ready for the flip. They should stretch good.

3 Likes