Mentor expertise for a grower

Three of these lights are built with LM301b diodes, which are great. I run them. I don’t care much for Viparspectra and their reputation, but they have been making decent products recently. The Viparspctra is built with LM301h diodes, which are about 10% more efficient.

I would go with the 320w Vipar given the above and also given that it puts out the most light of the 4 at 320 watts. It’s awesome for 1 plant and acceptable for 2 plants, though my preference for lighting is at least 200 watts per plant to maximize flowering.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input and thats the one that was my highest decision to get
And 320 watts will do for me Im only growing for myself to save money
:smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community great advice from the others

2 Likes

You’ll be happy with it. Glad we got you on the right track. We see a lot of new growers who struggle with understanding the complexities of lighting choices. Getting a good light right from the start saves problems along the way in the grow and disappointment come harvest time.

2 Likes

Appreciate it :heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:
What about best nutes ?
I heard fox farm,big bud,and something called jasons is good

The Fox Farm Trio is effective, but it is very salty and gives growers problems managing pH later in the grow.

Many growers have been switching to Jack’s 321. It’s effective, easy to use, inexpensive, and doesn’t present the mineral salt buildup problems that many nute lines do.

1 Like

Ok gotchu
Lights check
Nutes check
And time and patience along thee way

Good advice from @MidwestGuy . I agree that is your best choice for lights and the Jack’s 321 is very popular. :white_check_mark:

That is the hard part.

@MidwestGuy
Really appreciate u guys help ! Real ease of mind

I just picked up an FC3000 off eBay. Marrs Hydro has been auctioning a few models and the FC3000 is going for about 100.00 off the normal price. I paid 167 for it. A great deal for a 300 watt light with LM301b diodes. Came straight from the factory.

Ends tomorrow morning…

5 Likes

I know however Im willing to take my time and learn about my kids and be patient and attentive
Plus I have all u guys lol

3 Likes

Add pH and PPM meters to your checklist. Management of root zone pH and nutrient levels (PPM) are very important too. I use an Apera PC60 which measures both, but there are less expensive options out there.

Getting 2 of these (1 per plant) will maximize your lighting and is a great option at the price.

3 Likes

Thats my plan in the long term. I have a SP150 filling in for now.

1 Like

That is a really good deal

I run the equivalent over my plants. I run 3 HLG 135 panels (LM301b diodes) above each plant.

1 Like

Sorry I’m late to respond, but looks like the others have you covered. Can I still help with something?

1 Like

Not at this moment later along thee grow Ill love thee assistance
I see alittle growing today also :heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

TODAY MAKES 6 DAYS SINCE IVE PLANTED MY KUSHIE BEBE(2 AUTOFLOWER OG KUSH) I WATER TWICE A DAY 8 AM AND 8 PM LIGHTLY MIST WITH DISTILLED WATER(boiled water tap water and let it cool) IN SPRAY BOTTLE

GROWING/FLOWERING SUPPLIES
•Lights are coming soon (looking to get magnetic hooks for ceiling so no drilling)
Viparspectra ks 3000

•ordering nutes b4 June comes in

•ordering an ph/ppm meter ASAP

HARVESTING SUPPLIES

•bud trimmer
(Havent decided whether Im doing an wet or dry harvesting drying curing method) read growers prefer an drying by hanging up then trimming

•scissors ordering ASAP

•humidity packs ASAP

•jars ASAP

•microscope?

•trimbag?

•hygrometer?

@Spiney_norman @1HappyPappy @HMGRWN @Storm @ChittyChittyBangin @TLC @MidwestGuy

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPORTANT AND/OR RECOMMENDED SUPPLIES FOR THEE PERFECT GROW???

1 Like

Soil looks about right. Dont mist the sprouts. You can cover with a clear dome if you want and mist that. I just let them be and water a bit in a ring around the sprout a couple inches away.
I tested a sprout one time and it went 21 days without water. Overwatering will kill em faster than anything.

8 Likes

Beat me to it …

200w (3)

2 Likes