Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

I swear when it rains it pours! :cry: I am sorry Granny hope nothing serious! I am waiting on our water heater to give up the ghost. It was ancient when we bought the place 3 years ago…ugh.

BOHICA😤 Mopped water heater puddle and will check later. Heater is cold to touch & no noise. Breaker ok. YouTube next.

Widows are mainly in flowering so I’m pretty much going to be smoking leafs. I did manage to get Partner to wait until Friday before total chop down. She had already cut off 2 large stuffed grocery bags. It is what it is.
I’m also dealing with a dying dog so that’s my priority right now. Going back to him now. I just needed a short mental health break

1 Like

:broken_heart: Oh my goodness. It is pouring for you. Hang in there. This too shall pass (and all those other quaint colloquialisms we use to try to make others feel better about life.

Mind if I ask what is wrong with your doggo? I might be able to help, or at least lend an ear…

BOHICA indeed! Our thoughts are with you. Hopefully the old adage that bad things come in threes is true because you’re due for good news now.

1 Like

He’s just old 15. He’s not in pain. I’m just trying to keep him comfortable and I don’t think he will make it through the night but thanks so much.
I’m waiting on a friend to call me about the water heater. Yep. It’s going to have to be replaced.
I’m sorry for dumping my problems here. Rodri I’m just plain worn out now

1 Like

Thanks Myfriend. At this point I’m way past three :neutral_face: Unless we count this as the third year! I always say I’m a tough old broad and can’t be kept down for long but I’m getting really tired

1 Like

I know how you feel. Life has been challenging since January 2014.

2 Likes

No need to apologize silly wabbit. We all have periods like this. Life is forever cycling, up to down and down to up. Your up time is coming. It always helps me when I have these bad periods, to just focus on the now and not worry too much about the coming up or future. Just do what you can do and be happy you did your best.

One of my favorite sayings:" It will be okay in the end. If it is not okay, it’s not the end." I dunno, sort of puts a period at the end of it. Just knowing that it will end someday is better than wondering if it will ever end.

Let us know if we can help :green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m also worried about my nephew and his ex and my grandniece especially without my sister to guide them. And I’m not getting any answers by text etc. All I can do is worry. As to the other problems I will do the best I can. Getting out the sewing machine and trying to repair my SUPERWOMAN cape :blush:

4 Likes

Managed to bury my dog this morning. Hubby actually helped but now back in his room. At least he got out of the f**kng house​:blush: Maybe due to my getting up at 6am making LOTS of noise and grumbling :rofl:

New hot water heater coming tomorrow so I’m staying stinky for another day👎🏼 Good thing the local gun shop likes buying my guns or it’d be cold showers for a while!

1 Like

Aww so sorry about your doggie. Glad hubby helped. I suppose with his injury you can only hope for so much from him :frowning:

Also happy to hear your getting a hot water heater :slight_smile: Hang in there granny! We are pulling for you !!!

Thanks. I appreciate your support more than you can ever realize :heart:

The bad thing about having dogs is we outlive them. Heaven for me would be to be with my gooberheads.

I’m sorry to hear you having to sell your guns for a water heater. That has to hurt. Been there too. Eat? Or have this gun in the closet?

I’m a believer of The Rainbow :rainbow: Bridge so I know that I will see my beloved animals again.
Yep. It sucks selling stuff just to survive but it’s just stuff and you can’t take it with you. However, I still kept & will keep my 32 for the long run. :blush:

3 Likes

:rainbow: bridge is full of my pets too…I will see them again :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Lost two of my fur babies inside of 4 days earlier this summer. We were devastated to say the least. I’m with you. We’ll see them again!!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve bred, rescued, fostered and adopted all my life. I’ve buried too many to count but love and miss each & every one. Yep. We WILL be reunited someday :rainbow::blush:

1 Like

Just found lit’l Bary broken at the ground :tired_face: Plants around her ok so I don’t think it was dogs. I’m wondering if it had something to do with the 40’s at night. Have 3 seeds left and will try again in spring.
Heading out to cut weeds for delivery of water heater. They’re only 4-5 feet high :rofl:

1 Like

AWWW RIP little Bary :cry:

Have fun with weeds! When you are done, you can come clear out some of my beds. Truthfully tho, I deal with the weeds better than I deal with these &^^^(**^W# fire ants that seem to own Georgia. Ever time we take out a nest or 10 they pop up over night in some other area of the yard, twice as many and twice as big.

UGH! :ant: :gun: BANG!

Thanks I didn’t last long with weeds but at least there’s a path to back door. Now I have to clear a path to water heater.

IF you can find it and it’s not labeled for fire ants, dry cleaning fluid works for eradication of fire ants. It was taken off the shelves about 25 years ago because of labeling. You HAVE to kill the Queens!