MeEasy what is going on now (Part 1)

I am excited! Your grows are always so amazing!

3 Likes

@MO_Grow417 this is going to be a test of my ability to keep the soil alive. I actually did a mix of old n new soil with a full load of earth dust. Of course I can always do an extra top dressing if I think it needs it at the end.

@JaneQP thank you ma’am

3 Likes

Nothing but faith in you! I am using the dust next go round and then I can focus my efforts more on training and pollinating. Can’t wait to see this round. If I could only get a smell of the jars. Need to figure out a way to transfer the smell of our jars to a scratch and sniff and then mail them so people can put the smell with the beautiful photos. Ok, I admit I ate a 25 mg gummy.

6 Likes

@MO_Grow417 If you’re gonna switch to earth dust I would go through all of Dan from the green sunshine Co’s videos (utube spelled differently) if you haven’t already. I don’t have any of the social media stuff but I’m sure they do and prolly have a bunch of good stuff there too. I still say it’s the cheapest and easiest way I’ve ever grown weed.

7 Likes

@MeEasy I just met Dan. Really nice guy. He thanked me for my order. 8 lb each of the Base and Boost on the way. Ordered the probiotics as well. Can’t wait to try this. Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I am also doing my first peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. I guess you could say I got bit by the growing bug but I enjoy it. It is very relaxing. The more I can simplify it then the more I can grow!

3 Likes

Are we seeing any tails yet?

2 Likes

Lol I’ve been so damn busy I haven’t even looked in on the seeds I’ll check on em in the morning should be seeing some tails soon

5 Likes

WATER

As most of you know I just moved when I did I brought 10 gallons of water from the other house to get me by until I was able to test the water here… WOW what shity water I have now :flushed:
Straight tap… ph 7.7… ppm 610
Tap after duel 5 m filters w charcoal and airing out chlorine for 2 days… ph 8.1 ppm 490

Finally ok with (put up with) Tap after filters and .3g of vitamin C… ph 7.1 ppm 513

So I had to buy a better filter system a boogie hose filter would have probably been OK but more expensive and some vitamin C because I wasn’t happy with the ph over 8 plus the vitamin C will guarantee the chlorine/chloramine will be gone. Not happy with it but I’m not going to buy water when I have all three tents growing I go through alot of water

**TENT 1 4X4 **
Seeds have cracked but not enough tail for me, I’m hoping tomorrow they’ll be ready to get dirty :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TENT2 2X4

I did the final top feeding for these little ladies this morning and like always pinched a couple leaves off but just a couple they’re both getting sparkly, sticky, n stinky 4sure :drooling_face:

Edit = I forgot to mention that the purple skunk is starting to get some purple (closeup)

TENT 3 2X4
Still cooking the soil prolly plant this one next weekend. I ordered a couple different strains and still have a few left from before but haven’t decided on what is actually going in here yet :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

My water is pretty crappy here as well. 8.1 ph and 230 ppm. PPM is definitely not as high as yours. I ordered a boogie on your recommendation. Will be much easier than Ascorbic acid every time with air pump. The suspense is building for tent 3, I can’t wait to see what you choose. Tent 2 looking spectacular.

1 Like

@MO_Grow417 our wires must have gotten crossed if somehow you understood me saying a filter will help your ph I mean it might change it a bit cleaner water can sometimes have a lower ph. The filter will remove chlorine chloramine and other crap which would make your water good to go if the ph was down closer to 7 but I’m pretty sure you’ll need something else to bring the ph down. Soil is pretty forgiving with ph but 8 is way to high. I bought this filter system thinkin it would be enough to bring my ph down but for whatever reason it actually went up over 8 from 7.7 that’s what made me need to bring my ph down so I went with C because it’s the easiest n cheapest way to go. It actually brought the ph down way more than I thought but it add dissolved solid (ppm) because it dissolves in the water. You don’t need any air pumps for C it’s a cheap powder I got this one it came with a 1g scoop I just used about 1/3 of a scoop/gallon it does it’s thing with the chlorine right away and it dropped my ph from 8 to 7.1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZVNCXOM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_tab_ap_product_details

4 Likes

I use the ascorbic acid to quickly remove the chlorine and chloramines. It has a 1g scoop as well. I use about half for 4 gallons. You mentioned the boogie in an earlier post and that is where I saw it. I saw it removes chlorine and chloramine and that is what I was after. So the girlfriend can water as she feels necessary and not kill my microbes in the soil. If the ph is a little high then I am not to worried since I will be using organic nutrients. Maybe I am being naive.

1 Like

The only reason I say I’m not worried about the PH is because the organic nutrients seem to always ph out the water correctly. Every time I use synthetics I always have to ph down to get to 6.3 but when I add a mix of organics being epsom salt and some HiBrix unsulfered molasses with a few synthetics, it always ends up at around 6.4. I never have to adjust PH and I never measure amounts of the organics. I am only being sloppy with the vegetables by not measuring the ph. I’m to big of a stickler for my girls. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for being sure I wasn’t treating them harshly. They appreciate that as do I!

4 Likes

Thanks for reading through and all the :heart: @sunasun feel free to join the bs’ing

5 Likes

Lol thanks, I’ve read half the site since January. Enough where my first grow may be successful. Fingers crossed, I harvest next week.
Started with two clones and 3 bagseeds. Down to two clones and 1 from bagseed since 2 of 3 of the bagseed were male.

Also, if I can muster the courage, I’ll post pics. I took lots lol :joy:

I’ve been following lots of y’all.
#stalking
Let me tag
@MeEasy
@everyone
Thanks everyone.

13 Likes

Well @sunasun welcome to my little diary thread and to the neighborhood, I kept getting :heart: from you and couldn’t remember talking to you so figured I’d try lol feel free to chime in anytime as you prolly noticed there’s nothing formal in my part of the hood… lookin forward to some pics, if you have any questions ask away if I can’t answer I’m sure one of the other growmies will be able to, I’m pretty good with the stuff I use and do but get outside my tiny bit of knowledge and you’ll see the ignorance pour out

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forum nice place to be :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you’re off to a running start! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Alright, most recent pic from Monday the 7th.
Strawberry cough clone 1

Unknown bagseed

Strawberry cough clone 2

11 Likes

Lookin good @sunasun, the only thing I would probably do differently is I would do a little defoliation. Taking off a bunch of the biggest fan leaves especially the ones with buds hiding under them would increase light penitration and airflow both of which would help fatten up your buds.

8 Likes

Completely agree with the defoliation. I was scared of going overboard and removing too much not realizing how much actually grows back the first couple weeks of flower.
Next grow, hopefully I won’t be as chicken shit lol :laughing:
Thanks, could you tell from pic where i had battery issues with my ph pen? before i realized it, i had already fed one of the clones. Had to look at those ugly leaves for 4 weeks.
Also i think i cut off too many side branches off in veg. Next time, i leave them for more tops.
Peace
@MeEasy

4 Likes