MeEasy what is going on now (Part 1)

Out of likes :clap::clap::clap::clap::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I have the California lightworks UVB fixtures. I put them in for the last 3 weeks or so of flower. I start with 15 minutes a day right in the middle of the lights on time, and add 15 minutes every other day until I get up to 2 hours.

3 Likes

Originally I got the 50 to go with the blurples to fill in my spectrum voids, and it shows to have a little uv in it as well. When I decided to go ahead with the 600, I figured screw it, and slung it under it as a supplement. It’s supposed to imitate true sunlight.

?? If you already have 650w in a 3x3. Presumably closed loop with purge cycle of heightened CO2. You would just add a uva bar. Not a light that doesn’t, while some do but not from this brand (this brand makes UVA bars, have to be supplemented with the bar). Even if it did have some uv diodes… you already have the rest of it covered. You’re only looking for supplementary uv and maybe a far red burst before sleep… since even with co2. Unless your lighting is really inefficient, or you’re running it very low %. I can only imagine you’re creating excess heat with no gain at your levels. The most light I’d use in a 3x3 would be two of what I use one (hlg 260) of in my 3x3 currently. Except with the fixtures both turned down to 60-70%. Running about 350 peak watts between the four 288 v2 rpecs. If I introduced CO2. Then it’d be worth cranking them up to 500w … see what I’m getting at? If you’re already running 650… just get pure supplemental lighting. Not lighting with it “included”

UV light is more beneficial when first introduced to mature plants. Say 6+ weeks old to be safe. Introducing a younger plant to uv light will make it devolop immunity to uv light instead of being able to use it for photosynthetic energy. It still has other benefits without the photosynthetic boost, but may aswell get the most out of it. And I mean 6 weeks total. So a clone would day one uv… since I’ve yet to hear about anyone cloning a plant younger than 4-6 weeks. Lol. Just not seedlings. Since uv rays are too strong for seedlings. They just adapt to being ignorant if introduced too soon.

2 Likes

Very nice. I went self employed. Which for me was about the same thing as retirement. I find myself needing more responsibility. Oddly enough. I’m considering getting a part time job local just to keep me busy and potentially push deadlines… a boring life is just that. Boring. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to go back to corporate management, especially not for compass group. Who is probably the only ones who will pay what I’m worth. Since I gained my worth with them… lol. Still… no.

1 Like

I run my Hlg uva’s for 18hrs on my autos with no harm

1 Like

The uva 30 light will help alot with tric coverage theb60p is plenty of light in there if lose the 50 add a 30uva and call it a sweet setup for a 3x3

1 Like

I’ve ran start to finish without issues on autos and photos both. I’m going with false on the uv and supp lighting being one to grow immune with the plants. That’s bullshit because outside has uva b and c and the plants grow start to finish without issues. Everything done outside is done inside with a bit Xtra care. I’m gonna call false on that as every plant started outside would be I’m une to uv lights and that just sound like a false to me. I don’t grow outside but I’m still on the false til proved wrong and I don’t need 20 posts to try and prove me wrong either one good one will do hell I don’t even wanna argue about it because in my mind it’s an untrue statement

2 Likes

Very true man!!

I think part of the reason we are able to take advantage of UV lighting in our indoor grows is because they have not been exposed to any naturally, because they’ve been indoors.
I’m certainly not looking to get into an argument, but plants raised outdoors have been exposed to UV from the start, so there really wouldn’t be any benefit in adding any near the end. Plants raised indoors under regular lighting have not been exposed to any UV. That’s why it’s thought they will increase terpenes and trichomes, because it’s an immuno response from the plant to protect it’s flowers from the UV. If the plants been exposed to it for it’s entire life, I don’t think it would have that effect. Not saying it would hurt the plants to be exposed to UV for the entire grow, I just think you’d be losing the benefit of hitting it with the UV at the end.

6 Likes

No co2 boost, just a T4 exhaust and passive intake. I’ve read that co2 boost isn’t necessary until you get over 1500ppfd, below that and atmospheric conditions have enough co2 at sea level to not require it. The 50 has deep red in it as well. I read about the Emerson effect, and thought it was a cool concept, but I’m not using it as a burst before bed time, it runs with the 600 all “day”. I’m too scared to try putting it on a 13/11 cycle to see if it’s working… don’t want to herm the girls.

1 Like

I see. That would be a “yes” to your lighting is very inefficient then. As two 260’s running 260 watts each would break that at about 15-20 inches in a 3x3. With only 520 watts used. I use a single one in my 3x3. As previously stated. Cost me about $250 to build. Best light I got. $1 a watt purchase. Still can build it for that. Code diy10 with the two 288 rspec v2 with double heatsink. Driver from trc. Wiring budget of 10-15, ez.

4 Likes

If the rest of your grow dialed in uva can be very beneficial but I would get the rest of my environment dialed in first then it’s definitely worth getting UVB can be a lot more harmful to humans so be careful and only use the last 2 weeks of flower for very short time, UVA definitely the whole flowering period plants make trichomes to use as sunscreen to protect them from the UV so yes UV is very beneficial as trichomes are THC

4 Likes

I have the light a little farther away, I’d have to measure to be exact but I think it’s closer to 28". High temp hasn’t been an issue, 83 during “day” and 76 at “night”. My environment is very stable as long as Temps outside stay below 85-90… hence the portable ac ill put in there sooner than later. But that’s too be expected growing inside a tool shed with no insulation.

1 Like

I could lower the light and turn it down, but I figured if I can reach my ppfd levels with it up high, I’d get better dispersion and overlap as well. Efficiency isn’t an issue running a 3x3… my electric bill literally hasn’t changed a dime since I started this 2 months ago.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try out the hlg30 on my next run. Maybe a little of this one if I decide to order it earlier, but right now they’re looking great. Probably going to ride it out for this one with the 50 and see what happens, though. Inefficient as it may be. :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be a I told you so but I told you so :rofl: but really all funny aside my list of importance is light water food environment then fine tuning with uv co2 etc

4 Likes

I totally agree with that order lights are going to be your biggest investment and the workhorse of the grow so you don’t want to cheap out on lighting you only want to buy it once if possible

4 Likes

I didn’t exactly skimp on the lighting, water is bottled natural spring water at 6.9pH and 50ppm TDS out the bottle, I’ve got the nutes down, and my environment holds great except on very hot days. Christmas just wrecked the bank account so it’s hard to justify another 150$ light to the wife right this second. :laughing:

3 Likes

MeEasy just want to say thx for helping with TT. I tried to help but unfamiliar with organic liquid nutrients. Great catch on the lights.

I know my plants look like the are dying under the blurples in the veg tent. I won’t give up the blurps for veg until they die.

3 Likes