MeEasy what is going on now (Part 2)

So here’s the lady today and although not many trichs, she’s looking better and making progress? I’ve reduce the humidity to 50% in the tent, hopefully that will introduce a little stress to generate trichs without pissing her off lol

She’s under my AC Infinity S 33 by herself, I have the light in about 22 inches and 80%.

I think the damage was in part because of the light mostly. It’s only the leaves near the top, and you’ll notice the buds in the center of the plant are lower which is where the highest PAR values are. Some of those buds don’t have any fan leaf problems. Does that sound right?

So this is week five a flower, I assume she probably has 2 to 4 left?

5 Likes

I like to strip em about a week before they’re done. I got the timing wrong on these and it slowed the finish down. I guess what I’m saying is it’s a judgment thing on when to actually do it, a lot of people don’t do it at all, harvest then trim em down

6 Likes

I know when to chop and hang, but how do I know or how do you know when your 1 to 2 weeks out? I mean I have a handheld microscope, really good magnifying glass, etc.

2 Likes

After a while you get a feel for it. Let a plant go long so you can see how they look from just in the harvest window to just past the harvest window. Even then its a combination guess work and wisdom. :shushing_face:

9 Likes

what-he-said-look-up

I’ve been growing for 35+ years and I just missed the timing on these… it’s a guesstimation , I could chop these they’re in the window I just decided to leave em a little longer

10 Likes

Hey guys n gals I just happened to find this :partying_face::partying_face: it’s the ilgm seed codes they put on their seed packages and what strains they are…

https://ilgm.com/product-references?aff=6661

14 Likes

Hey MeEasy and friends! How long do you microwave a small bud for a taste test?

5 Likes

Couldn’t say at all never tried lol i typically just hang samples in the closet for about 4 or 5 days

3 Likes

I wet trim and then cut bud into smaller pea size bits then put a fan on low infront if the plate, takes a few hours to dry out.

5 Likes

I dry them about 20 minutes in the oven at 220 F. Until they are dry enough to smoke :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I perused the forum. 60 seconds in the wave in 10 second bursts. Then I read about the smell. Other ones said on top of the cable box. I just put them on top of the grow light of the propagation dome. The four seedling inside are looking great!

5 Likes

I made an Earthdust convert! I swapped a pepper plant for and MJ plant. We also swapped some pepper seeds. I told him about Earthdust. Long story longer I saw him at my daughter’s baby shower. He started using Earthdust on the MJ plant and had one of those WTF moments “why not all my other garden vegetables?”

He said he had tomato and pepper plants bending over from the weight of the fruit.

I also had to give him a LST 101 training a few weeks ago remotely because his MJ plant wanted to peek over the fence. He has signed up for the Fall trim brigade in exchange for some Xmas treats.

10 Likes

WTG! Made a convert and also gained an assistant :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve never used a microwave to dry bud so I’m not sure. And yes dust is amazing outside for flowers and veggies :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Hey brother Easy here’s my rss at 4 weeks into flower

12 Likes

Heat for drying is bad they say, although I used to hang dry in a barn when it was up to 90. That being said, super easy to put a cpl small budlies in a paper bag and it sucks the humidity out pretty quick, especially if it’s the thicker ones like old shopping bags.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m an old outdoor grower, so tents and LED lights are totally different, so much stuff to learn. Unfortunately it’s not legal in my state to grow outdoors.

4 Likes

No more than 15sec at a time cooling it down with a fan between each time until dry usually 5-6 times

2 Likes

Did you catch this :point_up_2: Ms @JaneQP

1 Like

It’s looking good brother :+1: