MeEasy what is going on now (Part 2)

It sounds like it’s a nice frosty nug that got a little dry for whatever reason, is it right in front of the fan or something :thinking: either way it doesn’t sound like a bad thing as long as it’s frosty and not moldy

4 Likes

Thanks bro :pray: i got brave enough to squeeze a bud hard and everything is good. The buds are just hard and frosty. Lmao they’re about the size of a golf ball right now… thanks for taking the time to help me. It’s greatly appreciated

6 Likes

Hey brotha have you ever had any weird funky snells foming from your bag of ED Base by chance i have a funky almost ammonia smell coming from the bag

It gets a little funky if it gets a little moisture in it, I think it activates the dry (microbes) fungi and bacterias I have had it do that once and I used it anyway without any problems. I would describe it as more of a fishy smell

Look at it as long as it’s not moldy I think you will be okay, if it’s really bad I’d email or call TGSC just to make sure :wink: let me know if you do ask them so I know for future reference

3 Likes

Yeah this is definitely ammonia smell lol i called TGSC and talked to someone i never knew they had a option to talk to a grower haha he said it was normal that not enough oxygen is getting into the bag he said just to open it up and allow it to breathe so i set it outside

2 Likes

I had ammonia smelling dirt before I used earth dust. I thought my cats were peeing on the tent! It went away eventually. I know I google it once and for the life of me I don’t remember what I learned. I think it was anaerobic microbes?

5 Likes

Correct thats what i read when i Googled it as well haha it just made me panic at firsr cause i also use a few tbsp of base when i top dress for flower ontop of the boost and i was top dressing today

6 Likes

My sense of smell is not very good lol it could have been ammonia and not fishy :thinking: :sweat_smile: thanks a lot for sharing the answer I love collecting information, this will go in the notebook :grin::+1: I pour the dust bags I open into coffee cans

6 Likes

Absolutely he also stated even if it smells like that once it hits the soil and the microbiology gets to work the ammonia doesn’t stand a chance i do need to order more tho as im running low do you have any discount codes for them by chance?

1 Like

I need to re-up on the ED so if you could save me a buck or 2 I’d greatly appreciate it :pray:l

2 Likes

I need more ED also!

4 Likes

5 Likes

GROWGREEN will save you 5 bucks on 4 bags of dust, it’s on sale to so right now you get 4 gags for $90 which feeds ± 100 gallons of soil for an entire grow… i just ordered last night :laughing:

8 Likes

Thx Easy :pray: I am so glad I thought about checkin the duration of a red super skunks flowering period because it’s a short one 45-55 days…she’s 40days into flower now and your not supposed to go past 55d so chop chop

2 Likes

Good idea as I have some half bags or more than. I should dump into containers. I may use this on a grow coming up here. How long do I let it bake before I transplant the clone cuts to the pots. 3 weeksosh

1 Like

Couple weeks will be good

2 Likes

My brother Easy I sure hope you’re at peace this afternoon I’d like your opinion on what you think the all the time prettiest flower to grow

2 Likes

That’s a hard one :thinking: I’ve grown some pretty granddaddy purple, Panama red might have been the biggest bud ever with the pink n red color they were amazing looking, I don’t remember 4sure it was called Black Fruit or Black Berry but it was black bud with red tips on the leaves really pretty… I’ve definitely seen much prettier buds in pictures than I’ve ever grown I saw some really pretty Candy Land buds… I’ve got it on my list of must grow

1 Like

The one I’m growing now is really pretty I’ll try to get some better pictures tomorrow it’s time for the weekly update. But messing around in there a couple days ago I got these there’s a purple one in there that is really starting to get pretty

The purple one is … ams Waikiki Queen

16 Likes

Oh yeah she’s a beaut :heart_eyes: thx I’m fixin to do some do-si-dos and purple kush

4 Likes