MeEasy what is going on now (Part 1)

Those cheap light just have the UV built into them…I bought the 4’ HO 54w ballasts. I haven’t got the bulbs yet. They are as much as the ballasts. Will see how they help. Stuff I’ve been reading says it only helps toward the end of flowering to boost trichomes. I guess just another thing to try, lol. Just like you said about growing weed, it never gets boring!

1 Like

I’ve been using peroxide for awhile it just adds some oxygen to the water and is supposed to help soften the shells a little, it doesn’t hurt em 4sure but not sure how much it helps lol I don’t measure it I just tip it up for a few seconds it’s probably a teaspoon or so in a solo cup about a quarter full of water.

The rooter I used was my first time but I just soaked it in the same mix of water n peroxide as the cups for a couple hours. After the seed soaked for 24 hours I dropped it in the rooter tore a corner of the rooter to cover the seed and it wasn’t even two days and it broke ground and about the same amount of time I saw a root coming out of the bottom so I took it outside and put it in the pot of soil. I’m going to start using the rooter with all my seeds it took away the risk of damage when transferring from solo cups to pots and it was just simple to see how moist the rooter was taking away the risk of overwatering the babies

3 Likes

I read somewhere that uv helps during veg too but I don’t remember exactly what it said, I looked into uv a little bit probably this time last year but that’s about the time that they found my cancer came back so I just stopped looking…I have these on my wishlist for Amazon but I don’t remember why I picked them lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYC0SSU/?coliid=I2JKPKER9BS2CT&colid=3EFOQGELIN2Q5&psc=1

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I’m simply using the rooters to buy me some time with the soil and gain a few days on the grow. Sounds like they are beneficial in other ways as well. Those bulbs are the ones I am looking at. What I have been reading is that trichomes are a plants way of protecting itself against the sun (natural sunscreen). It does most production at night with lights off (which is why I am maybe not going to do 6/2 light cycle so I don’t disrupt trichomes production later and the can get a full 6 hour production at once). I guess the UV makes it more like the sun and boosts the need for sunscreen therefore creating more trichomes. My understanding anyway. Going to see what happens. Thanks again for all the help. Can’t wait to see this Earth Dust in action. I’ve been watering her daily to no runoff.

3 Likes

Now reading what you said I do remember a little bit and yes sunscreen is how I’m remembering it. Just doing a quick search on uv I found an led that looks like it would be pretty good maybe better than the tube florescent. If you want to check it out it’s called growpackage. / eco farm

1 Like

Make sure watering every day you aren’t making soup without anything drinking it I only have to put water on my empty pots a couple times a week and it’s just a splash to moisten the top

1 Like

I will check them out, thank you. I guess when I say watering the pots, I’m jUst spraying the pots mostly. I have added a total of about 2-3 quarts to each 7 gallon pot so far when I have actually watered. 1 quart 3 times so far. My 2 year old daughter is helping me type here. Little difficult, lol. She says hi @MeEasy and everyone!

2 Likes

I know I just did an update but I went in to check on em when lights came on and I attacked silver haze and atf1 and threw some flower food on em… as soon as soon as :strawberry: hits 15 inches from the soil I’m switching them to flower I’ll leave the CB auto in with em and move the rest to the empty 2x4 to finish veg here’s before n after I went crazy :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Look at those mainlines….Master at work!

3 Likes

I don’t know about all that but I’m learning and getting better every round

4 Likes

Digging the mainline manifold Bro, all are looking great :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Nice work looks great :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful work @MeEasy! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you @anon33684698 the two are haze, I know how you like them haze girls

3 Likes

Oh I LOVE Blue Dream but to be honest I can take or leave Amnesia Haze. It’s the only other Haze I’ve tried and the only reason I’m not super fussed on it is that (at least the couple I’ve grown) it gives like a 2nd wave maybe half an hour after you take your hit, and that has caught me unawares a few times and as a result I’ve felt a bit queasy for a little while while it wears off

2 Likes

No crazy there. You know I am a manifold fan. Exemplary!

3 Likes

Thank you @beardless I was just talking crap they’re just like they should be :+1:

2 Likes

I know. I just wanted you to know I like what you do them.

3 Likes

BD is great smoke for sure. Give Blue Haze a try wont be disappointed :v:t3:

6 Likes

Hey thanks for the suggestion but I’m limited to the seeds I have now as ILGM have had trouble in Australia now and I have plenty of beans to keep me busy, so I won’t try with other companies just yet :blue_heart:

7 Likes