MeEasy what is going on now (Part 1)

Wow I was only go e 4 a bit great job n really amazing

1 Like

ViparSpectra. They worked well enough, but I couldn’t resist putting in a HLG 600R and an HLG 50 slung underneath it in my 3x3. :laughing: :rofl: It’s a little over kill, but I’ve got plans for the blurples still. When I upgrade to a larger tent, the 3x3 will be my propagation tent with those in there.

9 Likes

Or, ill just sell the blurples, buy an HLG 30UV and use the 50 as my propagation light…I don’t know for sure yet. Can’t decide if I really need the 30…I’ve got quite a bit of light going in that 3x3 already. :laughing:

3 Likes

Man you are good…lol

2 Likes

That’ll give ultimate coverage in the 3X3 just need the UVA

5 Likes

Is the UVA really worth it?

4 Likes

@MeEasy so you have one? What kind of difference does it make?

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing!

3 Likes

If i didn’t have 650w of every spectrum you can get shoved into a 3x3 tent, i wouldn’t even ask… it would already be hanging in there. :laughing: if anyone with more light knowledge than I wouldn’t mind taking a look at the spectrum of this 50, and telling me if it has enough uv in it already, i would appreciate it! I can see that it goes into the far blue some, that’s part of why i bought it.

3 Likes

@Budz might be able 2 help

I thought that 50 was a uv light :thinking: :grimacing: oops I don’t have a uv light there is some barely uv and ir in the sf7000… I know a few other on here are using it and everyone says there is a definite noticeable difference with uv. Is it worth it I don’t know but I’m told that if you are already happy with everything else and you want to go to the next level then yes it is worth it but if you need other things to help your environment you would benefit more having a better environment

6 Likes

:+1:Buddy

Next big purchase is a portable AC unit in my building to extend my grow season as far into summer as possible. Other than that, all I can do for environment is start some major reno work like insulating the building and paneling it… and I’m just not in the mood to get into that just yet.

5 Likes

If you read the description on their website it says it is not a main light, it doesn’t focus on light intensity, but on light quality. For supplemental in flowering, veg, works as a prop light, and for taking photographs. :laughing:

3 Likes

UV’S are used some time in post pre flower thru flower.

2 Likes

I’ve read the 30 is for use from the second week of flower on, but only in 12 hour intervals, so if you’re running auto’s on a longer light cycle, you should use a second timer to only run the 30 for 12 of them. At least that’s what I’ve got from the reviews on HLG website for it and other light reading.

2 Likes

Whats your light cycle?

1 Like

I’m running photos on 12/12 now in flower. Ill tag you in my grow. It’s a lot shorter topic than this one so it’s easy to catch up on. I’m pretty new at this.

2 Likes

I only thought it was uv because of how it looks in your setup, I’m not familiar with hlg stuff I have a personal issue with them so I don’t follow their stuff sucks because I like their equipment… plus with that monster light in there I couldn’t imagine anything other than uv being added lol

2 Likes

I’ve looked at a couple uv lights and I think it was just used in the final few weeks of flowering and like 30 minutes a day or something like that. Uses change with uv-a and b though. I think @JJ520 has some uv but could be wrong :thinking:

2 Likes