Mechanic trying grow lol

Planted two Green Crack seeds a week ago. using cfl bulbs . Not sure how I am doing so far or what nexted. mechanic by trade not a green thumb

4 Likes

By the looks of it your going to need a 2 gallon pot soon, A bag of seedling soil, and a few testers. (Ph and ppm

Thank you for the help, looking to get in couple days , any sug for soil

1 Like

Fox farm, make sure you get the seedling starter soil for these babies

1 Like

ok will post more as I go along.

2 Likes

Seedlings - light warrior
Veg - happy frog
Flower- boost with blooming agent

Also add some perlite to the mix to give extra drainage, and make sure your planters are self watering/ draining

2 Likes

Hey @Gweed, welcome to ILGM! Looks like you’re off to a good start. CFLs will be perfect for your seedlings, they’ll love them. I’d start by reading some of the guides 200+ Marijuana Grow Guides - Indoor & Outdoor Strains | ILGM here. @PharmerBob has you covered on the basics. Fire away with any questions you have, and the site is usually pretty active so someone will typically get back to you pretty quickly. Party at your place in 6 months! :smile:

2 Likes

The seed starting pods, my first grow after i removed the stem and roots from the pots i found that the netting around the seed starters inhibited my root growth!
I still use them but i remove the netting before i transplant! Remove the netting just transplant the soil along with seedling. My thoughts good luck and welcome

3 Likes

@Gweed Yeeee hawww!

I wrench for a living and love to grow.

I’m watching!

4 Likes

Ahhh, the name makes sense now! “Sh*t, car won’t start…call AAA!” :+1:

3 Likes

But no free tows!

4 Likes

I did try once before using Higrow double chip 600w led but those two lasted 3 days an dried up. so I don’t trust led so much anymore . too hot for seeds

1 Like

new pic few days later , going in pots tomorrow

3 Likes

@PharmerBob put up some new pics from thurs. repotting tomorrrow

Awesome, always remember to cut away that outer netting from those pucks

transplant to 2l pot with promix hp

@PharmerBob only good soil I could get. yellow on tip of one from beginning on 18/6

Too small to transplant to soil with any nutrients in it

Model: B600
LED Power: 600w (60pcs*10w)
Avg. Power Draw: 120w
LED Quantities: 60pcs 10Watt Bridgelux/Epileds
LED Angle: 90/120 degree mixed
Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
Frequency: 50-60Hz
Lifespan: >50,000 hrs
Dimensions: 12.5 x 8.6 x 2.6 inches
Item Weight: 5.3 lbs
Max Coverage at 24" Height 2.5x2.5ft
Core Coverage at 24" Height 3x3ft Package includes:
1 x 600W LED Grow Light
1 x 6ft Power Cord
1 x Hanging Kit
1 x User Manual
1 x Adjustable Rope Hanger(gift) * have this led but don’t trust it @PharmerBob

It’s a 120w but claims to replace a 600w hid?

so would you use later or for veg and bloom @PharmerBob or not use at all . tried once before fried the plants(to close I guess)

1 Like