Measuring salves / popcorn buds, good recipes

Want to make use of the larf and trim from my grow. How do you determine how much trim and popcorn buds go into a salve? Any good recipes? I have frequent muscle pain from being old, working hard, and riding animals as big as a mini coop, but I absolutely cannot smell like cannabis outside of my home. Tips, tricks, tales, help?

1 Like

Yin Yang had a post in Medicinal Use section that had a recipe for salves. Hope this helps you.

Check out this:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Smell-free might require some investment in equipment to extract the goodness without the weed smell. Doing alcohol extraction or BHO will also help for accurate dosing.

Larf and trim will yield about 20% of comparable flower. Plan accordingly.

5 Likes

I use a coconut oil infusion on my old lady aches. Put 7-14 grams of decarbed trim into 1 cup of coconut oil. Put this in a mason jar. Cover with foil.

Meanwhile, heat some water to boiling and put it in a Crock Pot. Set it on low. Put your jar into the water and put the lid on. Stir once per hour for at least 4 hours.

Pour into a salve container of some sort. Rub on as needed. You will smell like popcorn, but only close up.

2 Likes