Meanwell driver

@dbrn32 Will this driver work with 3 QB 288 boards

It will handle 2 pcb 288

You need 300 series to run 3

3 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

He’s correct. This ideal driver for two qb 288 boards.

Do you need a driver for 3 boards?

1 Like

No I just have 4 extra 288 boards and was wondering if I could add one to a QB260XL. I just ordered 2 more of the same drivers and 2 more heatsinks and will make 2 more QB260XL’s with the boards. Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

Gotcha, hope it turns out well!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 iis there a way to tell chip type on boards. I have 4 aets of 240w qb boards off brand i wanna see if the boards are any good to get meanwell drivers and create a little better lighting. Not seeing any marking on the boards unless its scribed on the backside somewhere. It is enfun boards from toollotsdotcom 240w each i have 4 sets so 8 boards and 4 drivers any working aroind this to make anything better with these boards or just scrap them?? I have a closet full of lights not being used i need to get rid of or something. 14 loghts in total 10 blurples and 4 off brand qbs. Any thoights please let me know. I dont really know much about the boards and or drovers really. I can see if they put paperwork in the boxes to be able to look at. Tia

Generally speaking the pcb’s are made to order by one company and then the leds are ordered and reflowed onto boards by someone else. So there would only be whatever the manufacturer has put in spec to be printed on the pcb. It may or may not tell you.

There are some guides online that cover some of the differences between popular Samsung leds and counterfeit/copies with pictures. I would check a few of those out. Or maybe call or email the light manufacturer and ask.

A different driver could power them softer or stronger, but not going to change the performance range of the leds. Outside of having voltage and current specs on the board, the only thing you could do is maybe pull the info off of factory drivers and find someone different that will work.

1 Like

Ok they r smd 3030 chips supposed to have uv lights but they dont light up never did wonder why that may b.

1 Like

The uv chips in them will be barely visible when on. Same with IR if there’s any on it.

2 Likes

Bobbydigital is right, they are just barely in visible spectrum. 3030 is measurement that will tell you size and shape of them. Is more or less a class of leds. Same size as lm301b, as to where lm561c on original qb’s is something like 2835 and more rectangular looking.

1 Like

The chips dont light up at all. I can see the chips lit up on the uva bars. They r there purple chips 2 each board maybe 4 but they dont light. All otger chips lit up tho lol. Oh wrll i jave new lights now. Gonna make me a grow garage sale

1 Like

@BobbyDigital congrats mr mentor.

1 Like

Who made them? I would ask for replacements if that is the case.

1 Like

Them r the lights i got from toolotsdotcom shit. 600 bucks in lights and none have the uv chips light up lol.

Ill email them and see what they say.

1 Like