Mean well b driver help

You may need to remove it from the back panel to view the solder traces to see if any are scorched looking

1 Like

No smell, I’ve fried enough electronics in my lifetime, if that statements helps any

3 Likes

Meaning I’d recognize that smell if it was

2 Likes

Dimmer seems pretty straight forward from pictures

2 Likes

@repins12 are you serious it looks like quantum physics to me

1 Like

0v is an off position where 10v is current? So it isolates there?

1 Like

Yeah its unmistakable! Unless you are savy with a multi meter and have a power supply, it may be pretty tough to trace the circuit to find out what isnt passing current.

1 Like

So I’d give power feed to 0 and to the board from then 10?

1 Like

Get me a better picture brother. I will walk you through it. I wish I had your number. I use facetime a lot at work to walk people through things

Then negative input on the other side?

Okay from the earlier picture, looks like ballast has a wire marked dimmer and I can’t tell what the other one with the white tape says

@Cannabian I do have a decent multimeter, tho I’m not savvy with circuit board but can trace a line back

Its probably the rotory dial thats screwed, its the only moving part and the weakest link.

1 Like

Unless its got digital up down?

@Cannabian it’s most likely user error

1 Like

Nah @Cannabian it’s rotary, but I will scoop up a nice up down with a on/off switch from the depot if I got to

Dont tell me you connected it wrong LOL! Thats funny!

Okay brother The one marked light is what goes to the light and the other I assume unmarked one hooks to power in, How many wires in the wire marked dimmer?