Mean well b driver help

Fml I just deleted what I wrote cus I tagged too many people so this is the 2nd try

Mean well b driver to dimmer to digital timer

Timer comes on , lights don’t. Please send help

@repins12 @Grandaddy013 @dbrn32 @ThatoneAKguy @Myfriendis410 @ I’m tired of thinking of tags @HornHead @Cannabian
@ who else may use hlg?
I’m all thumbs with electrical @kettle made me think of you too bro! If it doesn’t take out a breaker I did something right

4 Likes

Let’s not panic! I’m betting it’s a connection issue. Kick off the breaker and first go to the waygo connections. Make sure you have contact with all the wires. The weight could’ve pulled one. If that’s not the case adjust the dimmer.

3 Likes

Can you show me pictures of what you got? I am pretty good at figuring out electrical BS as, this was one of my professions when I had my own business. I would be glad to try to help :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

I agree 100% with @ThatoneAKguy, this would definitely be the place to start. @PharmerBob take a deep breath you got this, probably something simple

2 Likes

Without digital timer light works fine, on time then switch thru auto/on/off

Light will not come on with the dimmer…

I no longer have the dimmer, I have pieces of what used to be a dimmer tho

Without dimmer light and timer work fine together. Hence why the timer got trashed

2 Likes

I was wondering if you all used the b on a dimmer and if so let me see your dimmer so I can go buy one :wink:

1 Like

I found it!

1 Like

Leave the light on 24/7 until you can secure a new digital timer, they are cheap like toothless hookers now!

1 Like

1 Like

I got timers it’s the dimmer

2 Likes

Oh ok sorry, well thats probably easier to replace than repair too! Unless you an source the issue and buy a new component/ solder a connection?

1 Like

I had 2 of these one got wrecked because I wasn’t using it correctly this is the 2nd I tossed in a closet

1 Like

That was going to be next suggestion was to take one of the components out and see if it worked

2 Likes

Does anything smell or look black? Maybe a connection ?

1 Like

Nah havent fried anything yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @Cannabian

I’m keeping an egg nearby so if I do I’ll make breakfast on it

2 Likes

You arent running more than 1000 watts on it are you?

1 Like

260 max maybe 275

1 Like

I got the dimmable ballasts with the new lights that I ordered but glad that it seems like you got er figured out brother

1 Like

Smell the transformer, the yellow thing is it funky smelling? Or are any of the solder joints discolored?

1 Like

@repins12 not yet but we’ll see, this sht worked for someone somewhere im sure

All my others are A, and I figured “you know what I would like an easier way to dim my lights :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like