McLovin's lovin his first grow

ok ok, you got me, its almost 1am - but lets do this. I checked the soils ph and its 8.6 - which kind of put me off the idea… best way to bring that down to 6.8?

hiya @Melly3512 …welcome to ILOVEGROWINGMARIJUANA…

your plants look great…you should start a journal of your own, though, where you can post all your details and more photos (we love photos and need them to help out).

1 Like

what soil do you have with that pH?

do you have pH down?

I don’t use it but vinegar will drop ph

1 Like

I have a lil journal

1 Like

OK, you asking me , old mountain dog ?
That’s what I would do…
I make me a nice pot of coffee, sit down and enjoy drinking it…let the coffee grounds cool off and then mix it with the soil…but that’s just me…:slight_smile:

1 Like

How did you measure the soil pH? You can use pH water at about 6.5 and flush to get the runoff down to 6.8 or lower. Ideally, runoff should be 6.5 - 6.8 A pH that high (8.6) is going to give you all kinds of nutrient problems and really slow the growth. The leaves are already showing distress. The sooner you get that pH down, the better !

2 Likes

yeah I have up down, and its… bio bizz light mix
Didn’t pot them last night, this morning… oh its a sad sad sight man. some have shrivelled up and died due to lack of moisture in the tissue (watered before going to bed) but that damn heat matt! for the first 24 hours its like luke warm tea, and then BOOM after that, its quite warm.

So… I have no idea if any will survive until tomorrow. But I guess, well, whatever. not much to be done right now.

I read that, tis a cool idea really. lowers ph up to .5 increments I heard.

1 Like

honestly I think im going to leave them, then start again if they aren’t ok by tomorrow. I’m the donkey who started before fully prepared - so I should have to watch them suffer and learn from it.

Its genuinely quite distressing, like its not just about money - you have these hopes for these little seeds and then pow, show the fudge cake down.

Lesson learnt.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read a few reviews on heat mats and some could get too warm…they want you to buy a thermostat to control the temp.

you are not alone, not the first, not the last to get seeds started before anything else is ready.

now when everything arrives, set it up and run the tent no plants if you can to get an idea of temps and humidity before the babies go in.

1 Like

yeah, that was the original plan. It just all happened really quickly, one second everything was utterly perfect the next a hell was breaking loose. Lol
thanks for the reassuring words bro.

One of the best warming mats I found is a waterproof electric heating pad ! Mine has three settings and the lowest one is great for seedlings. Pretty cheap in Walmart and Target and dependable. Then you can always use the moisture pad with it for back pain.

2 Likes

PH of coffee grounds is 6.5-6.8, however the coffee itself ( liquid ) is much more acidic…
I use spent grounds in oyster mushrooms cultivation…

:smiley: cheered me right up you have Yoshi my man.
Its now a salvage operation… lol but never fear more seeds will be here! in 10 days or so, which gives me time to work everything out, set everything up and make sure this time there will be NO mistakes.

SALVAGE MISSION - No lady will be left behind :cry: bohoohoo

2 Likes

Just tested the LED I got for £50 off ebay, said 300w (presumed it would be 100)
ITS 192 WATTS! WHAT A BARGAIN! :slight_smile: its a beauty, mars hydro cost £200 for a similar wattage :slight_smile: happy days.
The salvage op, is amazingly working! some leaves are turning green, they are turning up to the light… we got the veg led on, and the MH 600w

2 Likes

@McLovin777 Definitely put them in soil now my friend, I put my durban poison into soil at this stage and you’ve seen her, hope your doing well my friend

1 Like

Wish i did it 24 hours earlier to be honest buddy! On the plus side i just realised something oretty fanominal… i have 6 special queen 1 super skunk and 1 chocolate something or other that i didnt germinate! So if 2 of these ladies survive being totally dried out by that piece of chinese crap heat mat all will be perfect! :slight_smile: 10 21L bubble pots, 10 little ladies! ")
Update of the very unhealthy girls… they arent giving up.

1 Like

Which soil did you use? I did a coco, humus and pearlite mix which did well but I did get miracle grow rooting mix and I was told oh no you can’t use miracle grow, but in later posts I have read that the miracle grow rooting mix would have been just fine, what people meant was the miracle grow normal grow mix as they don’t want nutrients at this stage, I’ll follow your thread and if I can help you get up to my stage I will, but I’m just a first time grower like you brother

2 Likes

Bio Bizz light mix bro, some of the leaves have turned green!!! she’s under the LED now because the Mh made surface temp 90 F!! now it ranges between 68 and 75 :slight_smile:

1 Like