Mcafee auto grow (2nd)

Ok finally starting my second grow. Reason for title is I had tobacco mosaic virus in some of my plants last time so this is a test grow with 2 of my 10 ww auto seeds. This to:
Test my cleaning abilities from the last grow
Do a side by side promix/ff comparison grow.

Beans dropped in a cup of water on heating pad in dark room at 1pm today. They sank now I will move them to paper towel after 24 hours. Pictures to follow…

7 Likes

Hopefully all goes well this time… :pray:
Lets hope your McAfee keeps the virus at bay this time :wink:

1 Like

This grow will be a single 5 gallon fabric pot.
One plastic cup with the bottom removed.
Plastic cup on the ffof grow will have lightvwarrior in it for seed to be dropped in to. There will be a layer of mixed light warrior and ffof below and around the cup as it will be placed in the middle. At the bottom it will be ffof entirely. No transplanting just remove the cup.

@Majiktoker @Donaldj @bob31 @BobWags @kabongster @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @darren

7 Likes

I’m hear and watching @Fever I’m interested to see what soil type does best

1 Like

After 24 hours in cup now putting in paper towel with ph water and mykoz. I already see a tap root starting to come out. Putting it on my seedling heating pad in a ziplock to keep moisture in

2 Likes

Ok since light warrior which is soilless could be mixed in with the ffof in the surrounding soil, what would I want to ph the water to in a mixed soil/soilless situation? @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

1 Like

@Fever that’s a great question. As long as you do a 75% to 25% mix you would pH to the highest percentage would be my guess but I think you’re gonna fight pH issues.

How many plants are you going to grow?

Also you can pH a couple ounces of water and put a spoonful of light warrior into it and see what the pH does.

Right but fox farms sells this lightwarrior as well as ocean forest. How do they expect you to use their products? How do you transition from light warrior to ocean forest?

Latewoodbsaid 6.5 is fine.

That’s a good question I have never thought about that
Maybe @Majiktoker or @garrigan62 or @Donaldj can answer that one better @Fever

1 Like

Light Warrior is ideal for seed starting and first 2 transplants depending on pot sizes. So the way to use both is to mix them and or layer them so your plant grows into the stronger mix as it gets larger and needs the extra nutrients if you aim to have more feeding control you simply mix them together to lighten the strength of the nutrients in it so the plant will deplete soil faster. Or you can layer your pot bottom 1/3 Ocean Forrest top 2/3 light warrior etc…

2 Likes

With a ph of…?
I’m guessing 6.5?

2 Likes

@Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31

3 Likes

doing side by side soil test are we?

2 Likes

PH your medium at 6.5 just like a pure soil grow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Update:
so yeah the one on the left (promix) is still trying to open the first set of leaves (nerve wracking to say the least. I guess I will spray around it and not one it so it dries quicker and breaks open.

Nothing to do with the promix as they were both put in jiffy pellets.

@Majiktoker @Hawkeye_diesel @Countryboyjvd1971 @BobWags @darren @bob31 @Donaldj

3 Likes

Fingers crossed buddy ill be watching

1 Like

I said screw it and took 2 toothpicks one on each hand and pried it apart

1 Like

she looks ok @Fever she wasn’t liking that hat?

2 Likes