Maybe I'm just impatient?

Yes, I’ve been using MG since the 80s. I’ve burned a few grows forgetting concentration “was that 2 scoops or one :thinking:” but have awesome results for decades in just that soil mix. Id seen results from other pages, on whole truckloads of different nutrient lines even down to premixed “organic” :roll_eyes::smile: soil. Anyways I am or was using Fox farm Tiger Bloom, just that because it has worm casings (manure) compost concentrated. I dont have worms. I haven’t fed for 2 days just water for flushing now. I’ve got to find this journal thing, on here correct? By no means is my grow as awesome as these others I see here, I am humbled and frustrated that I cant put every single bit of data to use…and get those results without breaking my bank. I do not do this for profit, and karma is a B for those that think otherwise.

1 Like

So after stumbling upon some new light information, thanks to @GreenSnek!! I have moved these poor little gals out the porch where the lumens are 7k. Off to the store later to purchase some new bulbs that should bring us up to par inside! I do hope this solves some issues!!

@DefNSmokn if u wanna learn about lighting talk to @dbrn32

1 Like

He can tell u how to build a great light setup for really cheap

1 Like

Thank you! I will take any and all of the advice I can get! Since i got duped on an LED im just going to go with cfl lighting T5 for now i suppose, since its cheap for now.

1 Like

What info are you looking for?

1 Like

So im working in a 4x7 room, purchased a 1000w led full spec light off amazon for cheap, you get what you pay for i suppose. So i find out my led isnt producing squat for light, 2000 lumens on full blast is highest i got. I have 5 of the single bulb strands for cfl or led bulbs. I suppose im just wondering which bulbs to use for now, and then ill purchase a spider or mars in a few weeks from now.

2 Likes

Also, im down to 3 plants right now. Probably wont squeeze more than 4 at a time in there

2 Likes

I had 3 I’m down to 2 they are from baggy seeds so comes with the territory lol one was a male but here are my others one is my solo cup challenge

2 Likes

Yeah it’s my first grow also I’ll tag u in the solo thread u can see what everyone is coming up with

1 Like

Lol solo cup challenge! They look good! How many weeks?

1 Like

Ok cool!

1 Like

I honestly didn’t start a journal or keep track but lesson learned for next time

1 Like

If you ever intend to fill the 4x7 room you’ll need a lot of light. If you only need a portion of the room, you’d want about 800 umols per second per square meter.

Imo, you’ll either spend a lot getting a lotvof cheap led lights to run that space, or you’ll spend a lot getting a couple of good led lights to run that spave. If you’re on a tight budget you may want to consider doing a couple of air cooled 600 watt hps lights.

4 Likes

Im sorry, i should have clarified a bit better, so the grow space is probably just 4x4. I hear what your saying… the air cooled hps light Doesnt sound bad.

2 Likes

one air cooled 600 would do then. Or makes leds a little more reasonable.

2 Likes

Would a 1000w led from spider or mars be equivalent of a single 600w hps? It seems they are comparable in pricing

1 Like

Yep. Liquid nutes, and everything we use is from Canna.

2 Likes

May I ask what lights you ended up going with? @DragonQueen

1 Like

We run a 600w MH (for veg) and 600w HPS (for flowering). We germinate our seeds in Rockwool under a CFL and this has all worked very well for us.

2 Likes