Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?

Hey BigJ, I’m at it again! I figured since the last 2 grows went ta hell on me the 3rd time would be the charm! (I hope) I’ve got 3 inside and I’m gonna put 2 outside! I found a few seeds in that stuff I cut in late February. You know, that shit that wouldn’t ever turn for me! Well, I’m assuming that since those plants came from ILGM feminized seeds these girls will be feminized as well? I hope the hell so! I also changed my light schedule to 16 hrs. on / 8 hrs. off. This seems to be closer to our scenario for summer sun here in the Midwest. Here’s a pic of the young’un’s!

Gilly
PS/ Stay safe and STAY HOME if you can, we don’t need another statistic!!!2020-04-17 07.18.26 - Copy

8 Likes

Well @BigJ , these 3 ladies will be ready for their 1st topping tomorrow! Hope things go good this time around? I’m tired of paying for that light to be on and getting no return from it! Hopefully all 5 will turn out good this time! Can’t wait ta get my 2 outdoor girls in the ground! It will be interesting for sure!

Gilly

3 Likes

Nice. Hopefully things go better this time. If they don’t amber when they should be ready taste test them. I’ve since started a new grow 6 dirt ladies and a few in a hydro system I acquired from my brother so far so good.

1 Like

Looking good , should be females, in my experience they are.

1 Like

couple pics of my new ladies

2 Likes

Hell yeah @BigJ! Those girls look real nice! Can’t wait to see them grow up into teenager’s!

Gilly

1 Like

What the hell is go’in on @BigJ ? I’m ready ta get my girls in the ground outside,if the weather would cooperate? I think next week is supposed ta be halfass nice out so I can get them in the ground then! So far all is well in the tent! I got the girls some company for a few days till the weather gets straightened out. Here’s a couple 3 pics for ur amusement!!!

Gilly2020-04-24 17.45.29 2020-04-24 17.47.09 2020-04-24 17.46.51

Your ladies are looking happy and healthy. Hope all is well with you. It’s been Going pretty good , trying to stay safe during this craziness, been concentrating on this hydro project , just letting my dirt ladies do there thing , made my own media this time around and switched from the fox farm trio to the general hydroponics maxi grow dry nutrients, they seem to really like it, and so far I’ve notice a difference in there growth rate And all around appearance (thick and beastly ). since the switch …they are going crazy, hydro is really starting to take off, i ordered me some autos white widow and northern lights. Hopefully show up soon. Here is a couple of just now pics 18-23” tall with the exception of one late start which is on her way to catching up.

1 Like

Hey @BigJ, I’ve never done any auto’s? In ur opinion what is better, auto’s or femenized (spelling) seeds? I’ve been giving thought to turn around time? How long from start to finish does an auto usually take? (seed to chop) Depending on how both my inside and outside girls do will make my decision. If I end up with say 2-3 pounds of the stuff and its killer weed then I probably won’t start another grow till supplies get to that point! If I don’t end up with a couple pounds or so then I may start another grow not long after this harvest is complete. Just hafta see how things turn out. Hopefully after 2 failed attempts :poop: :poop: :poop: things will go my way and I end up with a huge pile of killer buds!!!

Take care and stay safe, this is a very uncertain world we live in today!!!
Gilly :us:

These will be my first autos , I know people that grow auto and average turn around is about 75 days seed to harvest. So I’m gonna try them out. Nice For in between smoke for longer vegging of the photo feminized , I’m letting mine go to about 3 feet tall out of the pots this time , right now the tallest is 23 inches. , hydro is catching up, I’m very impressed at the rate of growth. Here is a pic as of right now. Noticeable difference from last pic

1 Like

Hell yeah @BigJ, those girls are gonna be teenagers in no time! I see a definite difference!!! Forgot ta ask a question about the outdoor grow. Do I need ta worry about any critters eating my girls once I put’em out? Do I need to put a cage around them to keep those pesky critters from eating my girls or are they normally OK without any problems? My 1st time outside so wanna take any precautions necessary!

Thanks much,
Gilly

1 Like

I have personally not had any issues, I usually put them in my vegetable garden which has a small makeshift wire fence around it to keep my dogs out of it and rabbits,

Never really had any issues other than thieves. Last summer before they got stolen

1 Like

That was gonna be my plan @BigJ ! I have some chain link and Orange plastic snow fence in the shed. I only have about an 8’ long strip that will need ta be fenced off but other than that all should be good to go! Rabbits were my concern, there’s 1000’s of them things around my house! (or so it seems). My main problem is Garter Snakes! I’m not kidding 1 bit when I say there are 100’s of’em in my yard! (and the empty lot next door) Every year at this time they come out by the 100’s! There has to be a den under my sidewalk!? Anyway’s, gonna try ta get them girls in the ground Saturday, its supposed to be 80*! You should look into a BLINK Surveillance System to catch those jerks that ripped you off last year! They are very affordable ( under $200 for a 4 camera system) and wireless! Work like a champ! I’ll be keeping a watch on these girls no matter where I am! Oh yeah, I just love this pic, nothing like a forest in ur garden!

Gilly

Well @BigJ I put 2 girls outside last Saturday! Guess I’ll see what happens? My 1st time outside. I’ve been putting big clear Tote’s over them at night as the temps are still quite low at night. (45* - 50*) Next week is supposed to be much warmer! The girls in the tent are coming right along! They have good color and are quite bushy for no bigger than they are! Been topping them every time they present the opportunity. Trying to get as many bud sites as possible! The size of the fan leaves at bottom just blow’s my mind! They are F’n HUGE!!! Here’s a few pics of the girls at present.

Gilly!
PS/ I’ve been keeping my Ever Bearing Strawberry in the tent as well till the weather warms up a bit more. All my other garden plants went in the ground last Saturday as well.

2020-05-01 17.48.09|615x461 2020-05-01 17.50.58 2020-05-01 17.51.12 2020-05-01 17.51.20 2020-05-01 17.51.34 2020-05-01 17.52.07

2020-05-01 17.48.09

Dammer @BigJ, didn’t think I’d be covering all my outdoor plants this time of year!? Sposed ta F’n FREEZE tonight! That’s just crazy! Not in May? Hafta do it again tomorrow night as well cuz of another FREEZE warning! Who’da thunk? Oh well, everything is covered so should be alright? (I hope, I don’t wanna hafta plant all those garden goodies again!) I’ll get some recent pics up soon!

Gilly

Hello, my friend. How things going with the plants. Mine are out of control, the hydro is going crazy, looks like I may have gotten the hang of it, so good So far. just need to keep it up , your outdoor ladies should be taking off right about now. I might try a couple autos outdoors hoping maybe With the smaller plants and quicker grow cycle I can get a grow in before thieves notice them. Not sure yet , hope all is well with you and yours. Latest pic. Hydro and 6 dirt ladies

Man @BigJ, those girls look fantastic! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I’ll see about gett’in some pics posted. I’m just too lazy ta do it! Ain’t that hell? The girls are look’in really good so far. My 2 outdoor (Bag seed) girls are slow go’in. Hell, the F’n sun only shines 1 day a week here lately!!! Nutt’in but storms, rain and clouds! I’ll be lucky to get anything from’em!? I’m sure there will be something but I’m not holding my breath! Looks like its gonna rain every day next week too! F’n $h!t! The girls inside should be ready for the 12/12 flip by months end. I’ve been topping regularly to get as many bud sites as possible. We’ll see what they look like in a couple weeks I guess? I’ll get a few pics after lights out tonight! (10:00p) Take my man and stay safe!!!

Gilly

1 Like

Hey there @BigJ, what up? Here’s the most recent pics. A couple 3 more weeks and they will get the 12/12 treatment till harvest! Can’t wait!

Gilly2020-05-19 08.00.04 2020-05-19 08.00.24 2020-05-19 08.00.34 2020-05-19 08.00.49

Looking good. My ladies are going crazy. I think because I’m using the hydro nutrients in the soil plants. It has a soil application, I switched to the general hydroponics maxi grow, maxi bloom and kool bloom. Seem to have more kick. I hear jacks is also excellent I may try it. Not sure , so far my ladies are kicking butt. March 14 to now on the dirt ladies. And april 11 to now on hydro

1 Like