MaxGrows Gorilla Glue Auto

I dont feed anything but water until a week after I start seeing the pistils, then I feed with terra florres bloom booster at half strength. I also run a flush thru the soil a few days before planting. Again after a couple weeks. And again a couple weeks prior to harvest to try and wash some excess nutes out.

1 Like

Your plants look great, nice job!

1 Like

They are just over a month old. What is everyone using to water their plants with? I use a measuring cup and try to pour slowly to allow absorption but I always get a trench ring around the pot.

1 Like

A lot of things I do could be not so great for autos - full strength feeding at every watering, lots of plant manipulation (topping) and defoliation, multiple transplants, etc… My grow methods are geared more for photo period plants.

2 Likes

I suspect this to be issue as well.

2 Likes

Yep, makes a lot of sense. The soil might have been a bit hot, so I’ll cool it with the feedings for the first week. I’ll just be watching the runoff ppm to make sure I’m not loading her up too much. With topping, I’m not sure, I may try some other types of LST. And yep, only doing one transplant from solo to 3gal, probably not going to make it to a 5gal and that’s okay. I think the core fundamentals of your methodology are more what I appreciate and attempt to imitate: watering, general thoughts about feeding, germination, etc.

1 Like

Alright doing a little bit of LST, she was getting a bit too tall and I wanted the lower branches to start to extend. Did some defoliation as well with some of the fan leaves that were blocking bud sites. New growth actually looks pretty good, not the same nitro toxicity that I had been struggling with.

I did actually feed her some 'nutes a few days ago, Jacks 321 full dose. Seems to have responded well.

She still ain’t pretty, but seems like we might get a bud or two out of her. It’s only my first grow - so no expectations. 81F / 35RH

2 Likes

Update, she’s still going, looking healthier.

3 Likes

Day 37

2 Likes

Alrighty, we’re still chugging along. I think we’ve probably got another couple of weeks until i can harvest the top cola. Might let the bottom half sit under the lights for a bit longer. She still looks like hell after suffering from nitrogen toxicity most of her life. But seems like we’ll get some buds.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser Hey Hell, question for you: do you think I can chop off the top cola a week or two before the rest of the plant? It seems way more mature. But I’m worried that by cutting off the top I’ll kill everything below. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Likes

I can see some amber trichs on the top cola, which makes me think at least the top cola could be chopped soon.

2 Likes

Sure, you can take the top and leave the rest of the plant to mature longer, the rest of the plant will be fine and keep maturing.

1 Like

Make sure to look at the trichs on the bud calyxes and not a bud leaf as the trichs on the bud leaves always go amber first.

1 Like

@Hellraiser hey Hell, do you think this top cola is ready?

3 Likes

Here’s another photo

3 Likes

Not just yet, I’d go a little bit longer, at least a week, maybe 2 if you have the patience (and other stuff to smoke).

1 Like

Got it. I believe I have the patience (def the smoke-ables) but my tent is getting full with the other girl growing in coco!

Not the worst problem to have.

Thank you as always for your guidance!

2 Likes

@Hellraiser what do you think, top cola ready?

2 Likes

Looks good, could go just a little longer if you want more of a couch-lock type high but certainly fine to chop now if you want.

1 Like