MaxGrows Gorilla Glue Auto

Did you water right before lights out? Droop after watering is normal. If you do right before lights out the plant won’t take much of it up, which leaves root zone wet and struggling to get oxygen.

If you change your watering habits to doing as needed at lights on the length of time plants droop shouldn’t be multiple days. If you are seeing that watering at lights on, you’re probably giving too much.

2 Likes

Not seeing a calmag issue, usually doesn’t happen that early, it looks more you spilled some water/nutes on it at that location. Yeah a little droopy, just let it dry out more before next watering.

The towel you choose for the wick can make a difference on the RH, thick towels give more humidity. I’m using a nice thick Nike golf towel. Also, I forget to mention I am doing both 1 and 3, running a humidifier in the room and doing the towel thing which is helping my RH stay higher.

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually am on a 24/0 light schedule right now with this being an auto. Is that alright?

1 Like

Ah, okay that’s helpful.

Good call on the towel, i think i’ll upgrade to one of my old golf towels as well.

I should note I have the lights on 24 hours a day with this - apparently it’s okay to do that with autos? What are your thoughts there?

2 Likes

Sure it’s OK, and I do the same for my photo plants for the first 10 days or so to keep the temps stable during the seedling stage but after that I’d start giving them some nights as there are beneficial processes that happen during the dark cycle so I would recommend that at some point you go to18/6 or at least 20/4 to give them a daily rest.

4 Likes

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Yessir, just like Hellraiser says. Plenty acceptable.

2 Likes

The plant is still drooping a bit, though it has perked up a little. Waiting a little longer to water, might be another day or two. I think I’ll still probably introduce calmag during the next watering, hard to overdo it, or so I’ve heard - we’ll find out.

2 Likes

77F/25RH (RH high of 30 I think it dipped a bit when I left the tent open for a bit)

@Hellraiser I’m noticing my leaves are curling down - is this problematic? What causes something like this? I’ve done quite a bit of reading online and the main causes (relevant to this stage, i.e. no additional nutes) would be overwatering (haven’t watered in a couple of days), too much light (could be, we’re @60% of 150w), wind burn (possibly, but the leaves are just fluttering lightly). So i’m at a bit of a loss - I still haven’t nailed the RH yet - hovering between 25 and 30.

As always, appreciate your help more than you know!

1 Like

It’s usually over watering but too much light can do it as well, you could move the light up 6-8 inches and see if it helps.

2 Likes

Alright I’m getting pretty concerned at this point. I switched to a 19/5 schedule last night (with the dark period between 12am - 5am). Here are two photos of her this morning at 6am. I watered right after with 4oz @ ~6.5pH (the pH is never exactly 6.5 really, more like 6.4-6.65). I moved the light up to 24 inches above the top of the plant @ 50% of 150w. 77F/25RH. Any ideas? @dbrn32 @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Too much water more than likely. What do you have for drainage holes in the cup?

1 Like

I have three slots like this. I probably made it even worse this morning when I watered again.

2 Likes

Instead of doing that, poke a bunch of holes in the cups. I use a hot soldering iron, but lots of ways you could do it. I would go halfway up the cup from bottom. This aides in getting oxygen to root zone as well as keeping from too much water building up.

2 Likes

We’re looking a bit better today. Going to wait for her to dry out completely. Then, time for calmag.

3 Likes

Cups are feeling a bit light again this morning, should be time to water again soon. I’m going to introduce some CalMag today, 3ml/gal. Still not sure why i’m seeing yellowing/browning on the bottom leafs.

1 Like

1 Like

Usually another symptom of over watering. You could put a bunch more holes in the sides of the cup as @dbrn32 suggested, get more oxygen to the roots, quicker drying would help.

2 Likes

Good deal, yeah I poked a bunch of holes in the sides a day or two ago, seems to be helping a bit. The cup seems to be just about where I would want to water - I may wait until tomorrow morning just to make sure she’s completely dried out.

Would you start adding CalMag at this point?