MaxGrows GG Auto in Coco with Jacks 321

Ah, thank you for the clarification - that’s been a point of confusion for me.

1 Like

Alright, she bounced back really quickly after the super crop yesterday afternoon. The top cola has already pointed back up. I actually thought I crushed the stem too hard and may have damaged her. But no issues it seems, and the bend stayed intact.

2 Likes

Keep an eye on that branch. It will try to grow back up straight. I would tie it down once you see that starting to happen. :grin:

1 Like

I actually just super cropped the main cola again, recovered very very quickly from the first one. Did this one right next to it’s next set of nodes. Any issues with super cropping the same brand multiple times?

Thinking about buying some of these lst clips - seem quick, easy and no fussing with tie downs that get in the way of watering (still manual over here).

1 Like

We bought the clips but haven’t used yet. It seems they’re going to be easier to use when in veg before the stems start to stiffen up. Also will the clips simply bend the stem when i think there’s a huge benefit when we squish the branch instead of just redirecting it. Has something to do with nutrient flow.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really good point. Check out this guy’s journal where he mainlines an auto pretty much right out of the ground.

I’m going to do this next.

The guy in the link is also doing a photo. A huge difference there. I am doing a main line right now that took 12 weeks of veg time. With autos. You don’t have the time required to do an mainline. Or at least not to get a decent yield. I haven’t tried it. but I do know how long it can take for things to recover. I wouldn’t be super cropping autos more than what needs done. You will risk stopping any growth for a short period if you get carried away. And for as tall as your plants are. I don’t really see an point in it. It looks like some lst would so that same :grin: Just my o2 there though. I would wait for when you do a photo to start practicing to much on. That way you can get an idea of how long things take to recover :grin:

2 Likes

Great advice

1 Like

Ah, yes, i see that now. I had filtered on ‘Autoflowers’, deceiving!

I’ll err more toward lst when possible. Thank you!

1 Like

Alright folks, noticing some browning on the edges of some of these leaves. Any idea what this might be? I just raised my light up another 6 inches or so, it was getting a bit too close to the top of the plant (sub 12"). I’ve been feeding full strength Jacks321 just about daily at this point. The coco might be a bit hot. It’s also just on some of the leaves, not all.

Any ideas? @Not2SureYet @Hellraiser

Can jacks be too hot? I have been seeing some up the Epsom a little bit for the calmag issues

I think it can, just like any chemical mix, you can over index on any ingredient. I had been inflating the epsom salt a bit to rid her of some initial calmag issues. Though, i don’t think that’s what this is. It kind of looks like I brushed my wet hand that had nutes on it across the plant by accident. But i’m really not sure.

1 Like

That sounds reasonable

1 Like

I had the same issue with Jacks on my last grow of Zkittlez, my plan to avoid it this grow is using a little less calcium nitrate (2g instead of 2.4g) and a little more of the part A (4g instead of 3.6g). I think the full strength Jacks recipe has bit too much nitrogen and not enough phosphorus and potassium for mid/late flowering, so trying to correct that with the recipe modifications.

1 Like

Good deal, I’ll give that a whirl - thanks!

1 Like

Seems like that worked pretty well. Doesn’t look like the issue has gotten much worse and I’ve fed her a couple of times since then. Ran the runoff after a feed and got 1700ppm, seems fine.

1 Like

Buds are starting to fatten up. Did a heavier defoliation yesterday. We’re looking good!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I just found out I have to be out of town from 6/12 to 6/26. That should be right around harvest time, hopefully at least a week after. First question is do we think this plant will be ready by then? Second question is, how can I cure the buds while out of town?

@Nicky @Myfriendis410 @Hellraiser @Not2SureYet

Thoughts?

2 Likes