MaxGrows GG Auto in Coco with Jacks 321

Let me get the resident expert on autos in coco to help you: @Not2SureYet grows some of the best autos I’ve seen.

You could start some LST and tuck leaves under side branches but timing for anything more aggressive is critical or you’ll stall the plant. Let him weigh in and hopefully fine tune your grow.

2 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks for the help!

@Not2SureYet welcome, any advice is appreciated. I’m just trying to grow some good bud for the wife and I!

Starting tucking some leaves last night. Seems that she responded well. Did snap off one of the higher up fan leaves though accidentally…oops.

2 Likes

You are doing great. Before I go to far. The most important thing I can tell you since this is all fresh in you mind to to detail every thing you did to get this started from day one. It may seem easy to replicate. But after a few months some details get a little fuzzy. Yours took off like my very first grow did. And I am still fighting to get back to starting that well again.
Now, as you may have noticed. I doubt you are seeing pre flowers yet. I wouldn’t expect you to see them till at least the end of week 5. You get a little longer veg time in coco as to soil. I would either turn your light down some or raise it. That things is super tight node wise. I know so strains are like that naturally. But I haven’t seen any GG like that. Since you are using Jacks. I upped my epsom salt to 1.4 per gallon and it has kept me from seeing the mag deficiency you showed above. If you wanted. You could stat trimming a few of the larger fan leaves near the bottom for a little room to feed. I do a feed, feed, water my self. If I don’t. My run off ppms will shoot well over 2,000 in a week. You could top of fim. But as tight as that looks to be. I am not sure it would benefit you much. It will not be long before you may want to thin that out a little. I have done 2 plants that were short and fat like that. Both did good.
You are on the right track and have a lot of good people here keeping an eye on you. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve documented everything I’ve done to date as I’ve been going. I have a pen and legal pad next to my tent for note taking.

I’m not sure these are pre-flowers, though they do look like pistils.

I’ll up my epsom salt, appreciate the tip! I’ve also raised my light a bit to get a little more stretching.

I did remove a couple of the fan leaves from the first node. How aggressive should I get with defoliation? Part of me wants to get rid of the big fan leaves from the bottom 2-3 nodes as well as the little sucker branches coming off some of the larger branches. Is it too early to start doing that now?

I really appreciate the help, thank you so much!

2 Likes

Oh also, I forgot to mention, but this plant has been running a 24/0 light schedule.

1 Like

That may be why yours is so tight. I run a 18/6 my self. I use the lights to help control my stretch. I try to work them so they are where I want by the time they hit my scrog. I would not worry about taking any more off the bottom till you are finished with your pre flower. The white pistols you see there are showing you she is a girl. You will see white hairs starting up top on the bud site area once you hit preflower. I would say you still have a little more time before she shows she is ready to flower :grin:

1 Like

Alright folks, we’re 30 days out of the ground and moving right along. We’ve started to flower. I switched the light cycle to 20/4. We’ve seen a decent amount of stretching since then. I’m in a 2x2x4 and am guessing this girl will push to the top of this tent. Is it worth it to consider super cropping, or even just tying down the top cola? 75 F / 45 RH @Nicky @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Your in flower… Why do you think it will hit the top? Let’s see zoomed out of your space.

You could just tie it sideways a bit and give it a lean. Ide be careful your in flower training can start getting risky now

2 Likes

Gotcha, should I be lollipopping her then?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Ide give her another week then yes.
You’ll be able to see the buds easier. Also reduce all the sicker branches.

2 Likes

If that is the only one in there. I would be super cropping the main top since it doesn’t look like you topped it. I just super cropped my C&C in 5 places in mid flower because of height issues.You are right to worry. Looking at the space you have left to work with. That will be in the light quick. @Nicky got a hold of a taller 2x4 than we get here. I am guessing yours here is a 5’ or 6’ one. I just grew a photo I flipped at 5 weeks and it grew with in a few inches of my light in a 80" tent. And that was with the light at the top of the tent. My filter is out side the tent. You can easily spread the side branches some. Each of these super cropped branches grew big colas still. This picture below is the one I just did. So you have the option of waiting till you know it will need super cropped. You can see I was farther into flower than you are right now.

Where the arrow is shows this was a super cropped branch and the buds on it

3 Likes

Very cool! I went ahead and super cropped her, right between the top two nodes. How would you recommend I best spread the side branches?

2 Likes

I use safety pins on the sides of the pots to use as anchor points. And then pull the branches down as needed. You can start easy and pull them down a little more over time if you need. Basically you open her up as @Nicky said. Once you are at a point where you are cleaning up leaves. You will get light to all the buds better :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great, thank you! When am I okay to start pruning fan leaves generally speaking? Mostly i’ve just taken off sucker branches with small bud sites.

Solid advice @Not2SureYet
Yeah I can’t see the top of the tent and that’s why I asked for another picture.

2 Likes

All good, much appreciated!

When I lollipop, that includes the fan leaves too, yeah?

@Not2SureYet ^

So lollipop is the process of removing the bottom half of the canopy.
Defoilation is the fan leafs above that.
Then remove the sicker branches thst are tiny and those buds steal energy from your actual branches

2 Likes