MaxGrows GG Auto in Coco with Jacks 321

I’d keep doing your thing. Plants look good

2 Likes

Alright, Day 8 out of the ground. We’re looking healthy. 79F / 75 RH

5 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

Day 9 out of the ground and I actually think I slightly overwatered believe it or not yesterday. She was drooping all day, but thankfully perked right back up this morning. Still on a 24/0 light schedule for another couple of days. I think we’re about ready to transplant, I’m seeing roots start to come out of the bottom. I’m trying to get my climate a bit more consistent, the humidity ranges from 45-80 (humidifier on/off in 15 min cycles). I have a couple of items in the mail coming that should be able to help with this (another hurricane fan and an intake fan) so I can keep the humidifier on at all times. 79F / 45-80 RH

4 Likes

Transplanted today - there were quite a few roots starting to poke out of the bottom of the solo cup. Had a good root ball when i peeled the cup open. Hydrated the coco with full dose Jacks. Placed some mykos in as well around the hole. She seems happy so far. 77F / 65RH

6 Likes

She seems like she’s doing well after the transplant. Doesn’t seem like I’ll need to water today, still heavy and moist. 79F / 65 RH

3 Likes

Day 13 out of the ground. Started some LST last night. She seems to be responding okay so far. I have one on the bottom of the stem and one on the top, each pulling in opposite directions. Does this seem like the right way to approach this? I plan on rotating the LST clockwise a few inches each day. 77F / 45RH

7 Likes

I don’t know that there is wrong way to train plants. When I do anything like that I usually allow the plant to develop a few more nodes, then bend just top.

5 Likes

I hear you. Okay, I put a pause on the LST until she gets a bit taller. Lots of new growth last night, she’s really starting to take off now! 77 F / 40 RH

4 Likes

Starting to get quite a bit of growth, especially underneath the big fan leaves. Loving watching this girl fly. 79 F / 55 RH

I am noticing some yellowing on the first leaves that sprouted. Any idea what the issue might be?

3 Likes

Day 18

Big growth. I’d like to maximize yield on this auto, considering topping but may just do some basic tie down lst. Anyone have any thoughts? I did just notice a couple of pre-flowers, seeing some pistils. So looks like she might switch soon so need to act fast here. @Hellraiser @dbrn32 any thoughts?

82 F / 45 RH

2 Likes

I’m not an auto person, but I would think you are late to top if you’re seeing pistils.

2 Likes

Got it, thanks. Anyone around here geared a bit more towards autos? Don’t want to bother you if it’s not your preference/expertise.

1 Like

Yeah I have no experience with autos but would agree it’s probably too late to top if seeing pistils already, let’s see if @Nicky can chime in on the autos.

3 Likes

Another question would be - is it worth it to transplant up to a 5gal?

1 Like

Personally I would not and I would control my stretch with increased lighting and monitoring everyday However you are in coco and your plant will handle the stress much better than a soil auto. Typically @Not2SureYet has done it at this time (no later) and had good results I belive.
@Not2SureYet will be able to clarify as he has more experience with late training, it’s something I avoid.

Remeber that topping is a high stress method, as always with an auto I recommend a FIM over a topping.

I would not transplant there is no need, in coco and with an auto it will do much mroe harm then good. This has been most effectively done at the 4th/5th node in my and others experience

2 Likes

Nicky, thank you for your insight! I read through one of your journals last night actually - awesome stuff!

Would you consider doing some lst work then, just bending the top over?

Thanks!

Nope, I woildnt touch it. I would ensure it’s getting lots of light in these next 2 weeks blast it to control the stretch. Move the light often as it will grow rapidly.
Then come week 3 of flower when the pistols are all. Fuzzy little stars I would Lolipop and defoilate for the first time.
I just posted a new journal here you can set it to watching if you wish

1 Like

Day 20 out of the ground. We’re getting a lot of undergrowth. The leaves are trying to make it through and they are just getting bunched up under the big fan leaves. Anyone else run into this? How do you deal with that, is there anything to be dealt with?

Watering daily now with full strength Jacks, she seems really happy. Temp ranges between 79-81 F. RH is between 40-50.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 - this is my first time growing in coco (first time growing generally really…) anything you would be doing differently here?

2 Likes