MaxGrows GG Auto in Coco with Jacks 321

Hi Folks

This is my second grow, my first one has been stunted by some bad MG soil. I just dropped a seed of ILGM Gorilla Glue Autoflower into some coco coir this morning. I saturated the canna coco brick with Jacks 321 full dose nutes and filtered water pH’d to 6.0. I’m attempting to germinate the seed without soaking it and placing it into the coco with a dome over it. I plan to leave things alone until the seed pops. I ran the ppm of the runoff water and it was about 990. The runoff pH was 6.3.

Canna Coco: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010OG1MVA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jacks 321 Nutes:

Lights: VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 LED

Wish me luck!

5 Likes

6 Likes

We have lift off! Little guy sprouted yesterday, this pic is before i gave 2oz of pH’d water at 5.9. Have the light about 25 inches above the plant height at 75% of 150w. 77F / 30RH

6 Likes

Good Luck.

I have a interest in growing in CoCo myself.

Right now I am too new to it all to understand the CoCo process.

I have only attempted the grows with Happy Frog.

Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

Seeing a little bit of curling upwards starting to happen on the sprout. Anything to be concerned about?

@dbrn32 @Hellraiser

81 F / 35 RH

6 Likes

Don’t see anything to worry about. You are keeping your coco a bit on the dry side though, don’t be afraid to water to runoff and keep it moist.

4 Likes

I think it looks good too. If they stand straight up, back your light off some. Otherwise you should be fine for now.

4 Likes

Good deal, i’ll water a bit more. Since this is an auto, how would you approach feedings? maybe wfwf? Using Jacks 321 full dose.

Great, thank you!

1 Like

In straight coco? Feed, feed, feed, and then feed it more. You could probably get away with reduced ppm for a while if you’re concerned. You could maybe skip a day between feedings. But you’ll likely get into trouble with straight watering in coco.

2 Likes

That’s really helpful, thank you so much! She’s looking pretty happy this morning. Bought a humidifier finally, got the RH up to 49, temp at 81.

5 Likes

Very nice! :+1: @maxgrow

2 Likes

Plant looks great! In the future, try to just about top your cups off with coco when you fill them. Once she gets rolling will fill up that cup with roots pretty quickly. Are you using tribus or similar product with the jacks?

Yeah, that’s a good call. I certainly tried to, the coco settled a bit more than I was ready for!

I’m not actually, should I be? Do you have a specific product you would recommend?

1 Like

I like the tribus original, but there are certainly others that will work. Whatever you get just take a look at recommended dose vs cost. Tribus isn’t cheap, but also only needs to be uses at 1ml/gallon once per week. So a small bottle will last good amount of time. I’ve seen good reports about fishshit and Orca too. As well I’m sure there are others. Any of them should help get your root mass growing at rapid pace.

1 Like

Fantastic, I’ll buy some now. Thanks!

1 Like

Day 7 out of the ground and we’re looking healthy I think. Will probably give her another few ounces of filtered pH’d 5.8-5.9 water with full strength Jacks today. 77F / 65RH

Tribus is in the mail, will add 1ml/gal as soon as I have it, once a week.

6 Likes

Are you going to use jacks bloom and finish ? Did first grow in just jacks 321 came out great in dwc. Now im going to XL auto spring pots with coco. Going to try the bloom and finsh with the 321…

1 Like

I think I’ll probably just stick with the straight Jacks 321 and tribus. What are the benefits of bloom and finish? I’ll check out your dwc journal. I’m liking the coco so far, really easy.

1 Like

@imSICKkid anything you would be doing differently?

1 Like