Maui x LSD seedlings

i have two “non-topped” plants and bent one of them early. it has really filled out as the lower parts of the main stem start sending their branches up to the light when they start getting to see the light. you should be able to do the same thing. rub where you want the plant to bend between your fingers and it will eventually soften up. i can’t remember what they call that or i would send you to read about it. i think it is under LST though. you can also just bend the plants and tie, but the stems are sturdier now at your stage so i think the rubbing them to soften up would be appropriate.

1 Like

on the two plants that i topped, they were growing like your track stars on four branches and i didn’t rub them, just tied each branch out away from center direction to open up middles of plants and to let the other parts catch up in height. if you rub the plant to bend it you can get more of an angle, with just tying them out and down it angles the whole plant.

1 Like

Yes but bend them gently.

3 Likes

I just tested a couple. I will be able to bend and secure. I have just never done it 5 weeks into flower before.

3 Likes

mine were three weeks into flower when i tied down the “topped” plants and it really liked having it’s middle open up.

1 Like

You can, even just pulling them off to side would probably do it

3 Likes

You’re a busy bee…lol…looking great

2 Likes

Tied them all down 3 broke but not open. The are just bent at 90°

2 Likes

i’ve read on here to use aloe on the parts that broke, even if they are not open i think, but not sure on that.

Thanks. I think I will just leave them. I had similar happen on a couple branches on another grow and it did not seem to affect the results.

They will be fine. The plants are looking good!

1 Like

Just one of the plants started doing this a couple days ago. What causes this behavior in the leafs? Not all over, just on a few tips.

@dbrn32 @MattyBear @monkman @Covertgrower @Thumper @shindig153 @SilentHippie @Kcdaniels

5 Likes

Excess nitrogen usually, sometimes too much wind/air movement.

7 Likes

I watered today with nutes. Will it hurt to wait 3 days to dry out then do a Sledgehammer flush or should I just do a flush tomorrow?

2 Likes

I have a Green Avenger doing that all over and it’s mostly due to my fans blowing on her, but she’s also been a problem plant for me from the jump.

2 Likes

Did a SledgeHammer flush today as recommended by FF for FF Trio. 1st one.

1 Like

Well the “Tub grow” is coming along. 6 weeks today in 12/12 flower. 42 days. The plants all look super healthy to me. The buds are not as large as the tent grow but there are lots of them and I think they will fatten up in time. I took some pics today for you to see. So far I see no sign of herming. A couple of the phenos are starting to show a lot more of resin glands than the other 3 plants.

7 Likes

Watered with 3/4 strength FF Trio. 6.0 pH.

1 Like

Still looking healthy in soil. Today is day 43 of 12/12 Watered with nutes. 6.3 ph

4 Likes

Doing well in the bathroom. Some of the buds have doubled in thickness the last couple days.

1 Like