Maui x LSD seedlings

The Maui x LSD plants are 3 weeks tomorrow, 1 sprouted 2-25 last sprouted3-1 so I picked middle 2-27 for date. They are really liking the tent and QB260XL’s. Humidity was close to 90% so I adjusted the vents a bit and am holding around 50% humidity at 80°. I just have a 4" fan blowing inside right now for air movement.

I need to clone so I can flower to see if there are any females. I was going to let them get bigger and then clone a 2-3 node section from top. I am now wondering if it would be faster to top now and then use one of the new shoots as a clone. I know from past that the new shoots and other side branches grow pretty fast after topping. Which way do you think will be the fastest to getting a clone?

Since tomorrow is 3 week mark I will take pics of the 5 beauties then.

On this grow and my other 2 grows coming should I just keep going on this and their respective threads or should I start new threads in the Grow journal section

@dbrn32

1 Like

I would start a journal, usually more traffic there. As far as multiple grows in one journal that’s really up to you. From my perspective, its easier if you keep grows separate to help you should the need arise. But we’ll all try to work within whatever you have.

Thanks. I did not mean to put all the grows in one journal just if I should start journals instead of continuing threads. I will start some journals in the near future.

1 Like

The Maui x LSD are 3 weeks old today. They are doing great. trying to figure out how and when to clone. They are the five 1 gals in the back right. The 5 gals are 2 GL and LSD.

Liking the tent so far

Sometimes you think too much so today I did not think and just topped the five Maui x LSD :man_bald:. The side shoots are forming nicely so I figure a week and I should have long enough side branches to take the clone from. Then 12/12 and find the little ladies and boot the guys away :grinning:

1 Like

2nd day now I have come home and can smell perfection :wink: I am going to hang the carbon filter inside this weekend. I have been going over it and decided I will hang the filter inside and the adj fan on the outside. I will post pics if I can.

Question, if you are drawing air in and exhausting it out through the filter how much other fan is needed inside? Seems like pulling air in both sides on bottom and exhausting through the top would create a good air flow. I have one 4" clip on fan inside. Would that with the 6" fan/filter be enough?

1 Like

In addition to the intake/exhaust air flow, which is adequately replacing used air with fresh air, the clip on fan can help get movement to the stalks and branches which helps stiffen them.

I hung the filter on top in middle on the inside. It aligns in a straight line to a 8" duct hole in the tent. I hooked the 6" duct to the filter and ran through the 8" hole to the fan outside the tent. At the moment the fan is sitting on the carpet floor of the room connected to the 6" duct and it just exhausts into the room. Summer is here so AC will be on in house most of the time for air exchange in the room. The bedroom door is open.

The fan has 8 speeds and currently with the bottom vents open at the bottom of the tent and on both sides I have the fan on 3rd speed and seems good. I will have to leave it run a hwile and go away and come back to see if the smell is gone. I got the fan on recommendation here and it is an awesome 6" variable speed and at speed 3 it cannot be heard. You have to really check to see that it is running.

I left the 25’ ducting in one piece until I figure out if the fan is where it is going to be or if I end up moving it. When that gets figured after a few days use I will cut the duct to proper length. It has already changed the environment. It was at 82-85° and 53% humidity. After 15 mins running I am at 75° and 38% humidity.

Working great. Smell in house is gone.I have the fan set at #3 which is 132cfm. There is no collapsing of tent at this speed and I put a humidifier outside the tent and it sucks it right in perfectly. Got the humidity under control after a while. It started at 82-85° 53% , then with the fan/filter on it went to 75° and 30% after 2 hours so I added the humidifier and got the humidity to 41% yesterday with 77°. I will monitor a couple days as I await the Kind Soil for the new grow.

I will leave the fan at 132cfm until more is needed if needed. I have circulation fans inside and all seems good.

@dbrn32 Do you think it would be ok to move the lights from 172w to 210w? I made markings on the light for 135,172,210,247,285watts and have been running at 172w @30".

@Sixpackdad @shindig153 @SCunkApe

Here are the plants so far. The five one gallons are the Maui x LSD 25 days old. I topped them 3 days ago. The 2 ogange 5 gals are the Bergmans Gold Leaf 20 days old. The black 5 gal in back left is LSD also 20 days old. The little 4" pots are top to bottom are Blueberry Kush, 2 Blue Dream, California Dream, they are 15 days old and awaiting the Kind Soil.

3 Likes

You can try, shouldn’t be a problem if light isn’t too close.

Thanks @dbrn32. I am still trying to figure out the led’s. Can you, or anyone, give an explanation as to why I would not up the wattage yet or why I would up the wattage now in terms of what would happen to plant growth either way? Hope that makes sense :neutral_face:

@dbrn32 Trying to understand watts per sq ft. If I have the lights dimmers set at 172w ea. I am at 344 watts and with 4x4 tent I am at 21.5w watts per sq foot? Correct? And for veg this is good?
Then after flower and full power, 285 watts ea. I will be at 35.5 watts per sq ft? This is good also?

And the wattage on the transformer is the actual wattage?

Honestly, don’t pay any attention to watts per square foot. You’re light is built well for the space. You have enough light to stunt the plants vertical growth, you don’t really want to that outside of a few occasions. Running at about 70% should be enough until transition is complete.

1 Like

Ok by transition you mean 12/12 flower? I am running at 25% right now

4 of 5 right now can be cloned. Going to wait a day or so till the last one is ready and then clone the 5 at once. The female that looks best will get a 5 gal Kind Soil home in the new tent.

Temps everyday when I get home are 79° in the tent. Humidity 35-36%. Right now 81° 38%. Just watered 1/2 hr ago. The temp in house is 81° so tent is maintaining house temps.With the AC this summer it should hold around 80° in the house so if after I add the HPS light to the 4x8’ tent I can use fan/filter to maintain 80° I will be happy

Did the 1/2 strength FF Trio 27.5ml Big Bloom-10ml Big Grow in 1.5 gals water. Looking like 4 of 5 could be females. Still a little early to tell but I see signs, may be just hope, that they could be female.

Since the tent is kind of full I am thinking of keeping them as they are and letting them flower when I flip the tent. Any that show female I am thinking of cloning and letting them become Monster crops for the next flower.

Bone dry in the 1 gal pots. Watered with 6.0 pH filtered water. About .7 qts each. Temps 88° 23%.

Well good news today. As you know on the original grow the LSD(fem) hermed. I took pollen from this and pollinated a branch on the Maui Wowie. I planted 6 seeds and 5 sprouted. Today I confirmed female flower on each one.

So all female. They are in 1 gal pots and I am going to put into 5 gal fiber pots. I have clones taken from each so I am going to put all into 5 gal containers and add to the flower coming up.

All the plants look different a bit. A couple tall a couple med and a short one. I will flower them all as is without worrying about yield and see if any herm or if there is a difference in bud prodution or potency and then I can keep the best for future grows by keeping the clone of the best one(s)

1 Like