Maui x LSD seedlings

The last planting I got 5 of the 6 Maui x LSD (hermed) sprouted. They are now in my 4x4 tent with the QB 260 xl at about 50% and 15" above the seedlings. 1st seedling popped 2-25-19 so it is 5 days old. Everyday up to yesterday 1 or 2 sprouted so youngest is 2 days old today.

I have them tented for humidity under the light. At what point do I either start increasing the power on the led or lower the led to the plant?

Thanks RAP

1 Like

I moved my two chronic widow seedlings from under a low wattage bulb to a full power QB304 4K about 7 days after they came out of the ground. It is my first time raising a seedling under a QB.

This is them at 30 days with the lamp 12" over the plant tops. I saw some light damage at lower than 12".

4 Likes

They look pretty. Good luck with them

1 Like

@Sixpackdad Is the QB304 similar to my 260 XL? If so then I could just start upping the wattage after 1 week? Keeping the height at 15". This is also my first time with QB LED’s.

2 Likes

The QB304 is similar to a single QB288 board. The QB304 runs at about twice the voltage, half the amps than the QB288. The one I have is made of the 501b chips and is a V1, but are more or less putting out similar levels of light. I’ve been doing 12". I started closer and saw some discoloration on my leaves. A lot of folks on the site will recommend 18-24".

2 Likes

Corn and lettuce. Nice looking ladies.

I have beet greens, lettuce, kale, radishes and tomatos started along with gold leaf, Bubblegum, and Sour d. I figured I could get more out of my grow space and get a couple of meals in the process. The tomato plants I plan on cloning to plant outdoors.

@Sixpackdad #1 sprouted 2-25-19 so 7 days old today. All 5 are looking good so far. I see #1 turning yellow.The picture is under the led light but you can see the veins are green and the leaf turning yellow. The are planted in E.B. Stones Organic seedling mix. I have fish emulsions,seaweed extract, FF trio fertilizers. Should I give a light dose of fish emulsions? Or any of the other? I do not see roots coming out yet so do not think time to bump up in size.

The others sprouted #2 on 27th #3+4 on 28th and #5 on 3-1-19

2 Likes

I looked at your soil (Edna’s Best potting soil) on the internet, and it looks like it has plenty of food for a starting plant. It looks cannabis friendly and it recommends a pH of 6.5. My first caution is to not over-water. The cups should feel light before you add more. You also want to keep the humidity up around 70% - you can mist them lightly once or twice a day, too; or make a DIY humidity dome out of 12oz plastic bottles.

The single most important thing is to be pH’ing the water you are using to 6.5. This is key. If you don’t already have one, get a digital pH and ppm meter, with pH up and down.

If you can, copy/paste and fill out this support ticket. It will help everyone on the forum asses your grow.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil/Soilless in pots (what size pot, what type of soil) or Hydroponic?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH and PPM of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What do you pH your water or water/nutrient solution to?

What is the strength of nutrient mix you are adding, if any? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size/wattage, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

@Sixpackdad This is actually the seed starter mix I am using

https://www.ebstone.org/products/outdoor-soil-amendments/seed-starter

I will fill out the info you listed.

I spray daily and they have clear covers over them for humidity. In the pic of the 5 seedlings you can see it at the bottom of the pic. It was removed for the pic. #1 has a clear dixie cup over the top also removed for the pic. The water is RO 6.5 pH and 12 ppm

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: Maui x LSD(hermed) My own

Age from sprout :#1 7 days
Age from flower:

Soil/Soilless in pots (what size pot, what type of soil) or Hydroponic? 3" peat pot with EB Stone organic seed starter

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:Misting daily. Sitting on siphon mat.

PH and PPM of runoff or solution in reservoir? RO water 6.5 pH 12ppm

What do you pH your water or water/nutrient solution to? 6.5

What is the strength of nutrient mix you are adding, if any? EC, or TDS. pure water 12ppm

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Room size: 4x4 tent

Light system, size/wattage, height from plants: QB 260xl @50% 15"

Temps; Day, Night :Day-74° Night- 68°

Humidity; Day, Night: All plants under clear plastic covers

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: None yet

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Ac in room daytime

Co2; Yes, No: No, just me talking to them and breathing on them, They like it :sunglasses:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

Thanks for filling out the info and posting your soil.

Given the soil you are using doesn’t have much in it for nutes and ferts, I would consider a low dosage of nutrients. I would also add some cal-mag since you are using RO water. I would go with a one-quarter dosage. Others will be along that may have some added advice. They are pretty young and don’t technically need nutes yet, but it’s good to get a little of it in the seed starter stuff.

When you add the nutrients to the RO water, it will most likely bring the pH down some. After you have added the nutes and calmag, check the pH and adjust back to 6.5.

Nice work so far. They look nice. Nice job with the humidity, I missed that with your first post. That one lady is a little yellow, but I think they are on the right path. My personal preference, I transplant at about one week. If you transplant into something that has some nutes and ferts, like a fox farm ocean forest or that soil I originally posted above, you can lay off the nutrients for a bit, but you should keep up with the calmag.

1 Like

@Sixpackdad Thanks. I have both Ocean Forest and Happy Frog soils. I will make a small batch of fert. for now. I think fish emulsions and Seaweed extract with 1/4 strength Cal/Mag Plus. I received a gallon of ph up yesteday so I will be able to adjust the water after nutes

I will save the transplanting until the last seedling is a week old It is 3 days now. I need them all so I can clone and then flower to find if I have a female. Sound good?

2 qts 6.6ph ro water.
1/4t seaweed extract
1/2t fish emulsions
1/2ml CalMag Plus

New ph 4.6

Added 1ml pH up went to 6.2 pH added 6 more drops pH 6.5

Misted all 5 seedlings and sprayed extra on soil on the biggest. #1

I think I will use ml from now on. easier than teaspoons. My PPM pen with 8 oz calibration solution came with a nice 10 ml syringe

6.5 is good. I’ve only ever used ILGM nutes, so I am a unfamiliar with fish emulsion and seaweed extract, but go low dosage relative to what they tell you to do, better to under-do it than over-do it. Good luck!

The dosage for all the ferts was 1/4 strength as you recommended.

1 Like

I put one of the hygrometers under the lid of #1 and it is reading 90%. Is That ok?

1 Like

Yes, just once or twice a day remove the lids to let them breath a bit.

The 5 are doing fine. hygrometer/temp says 90% 82.3°. I have till Fri/sat to figure out what to plant into. I am thinking the FF Happy Frog for now. I just used some of the FFOF in my garden and planted a Blueberry bush in it. It is flowering right now. I got about 40 Berries last year.

1 Like

The first 3 all have roots coming out the bottom and sides so time to bump up. I am going to plant into 5 gal with Happy Frog and perlite mix. Probably tomorrow and I will just do all 5.

@Sixpackdad @dbrn32 Can I start turning the led up? I am at 50% 15". If I up it a bit would I stay at same height?

Thanks RAP

1 Like