WonkaMan’s Grow Log

Nice write up! Moms are looking great, too :+1:

4 Likes

I may have to give that a try next winter. It appears I could handle the technical aspects of that process. Everything looks great!

2 Likes

Thanks @elheffe702! Good to see you around! Thanks for stopping by.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bubblehead. It’ll be a while before I know if this attempt is a success or not, but this is how it should work, if I didn’t screw it up as I was doing it… and it wouldn’t be a first if I did.

2 Likes

@WonkaMan yep I’ve seen the cloning done both ways. I’ve concluded that either work just fine. However thoughts with a the assistance of blueberry, if you have them in a domed environment and you’re above 90% RH, you really won’t lose moisture. I think that’s where cutting the leaves comes from. Less moisture loss. With the help of a dome, it keeps water loss to a minimum.

3 Likes

Good point, @Covertgrower. With that dome on, the humidity in there is close to 100%, so loss of moisture shouldn’t be a problem. I thought it also had to do with photosynthesis v. root development, but I’m very new to this. Since this is my first time, though, I’m still dubious about these sticks magically turning into plants. So far, so good, and I know that everyone else in the world has success with this. It just seems wild that this will actually work. It feels like cheating.

4 Likes

Your MW look awesome! I just ordered some last week and will be starting them soon. It will be out doors in the virgin islands so im super excited to see how they like the climate here! Your cloning technique seems pretty solid. I sprouted a bunch of random islands seeds i had collected and have been making clones of them basically the same way you are and have been having super high sucess rates! Will post pics of the MW once they get started.

5 Likes

Thanks @CaribbeanBud! Wish I could swing by and check out your outdoor grow!.. preferably soon while it’s still winter here, LOL. I’ve only been you way once, to St. John, and loved it. You should have the perfect climate for some outdoor MW. If you start a journal, please tag me in it. I’d love to see some pics as they reach for open sky!

3 Likes

I’ll take a tag into that, too! @CaribbeanBud

3 Likes

Day 62… and 8 days since flipping to 12/12

Here are a couple of photos to show how the stretch in the first week of transition is going.

IMG_6210
IMG_6215

They should fill in that screen a bit more this week, and then get busy making some flowers :star_struck:!

And here are a couple time-lapse clips I made of the tent this week… sped up.

Have a good week!

10 Likes

I love the timelapse. What do you use for that?

Plants look great dude.

4 Likes

Thanks @Sixpackdad . For the camera, I just used what I call a “GenericPro”. This…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LAIBF2M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are plenty of cheaper webcams on Amazon for $20-$30, but I already had this. It could be longer, but with only 12 hours of light in the tent these days, it makes for a short day, and I take the SD card out each day.

6 Likes

Five out of Six Clones are rooted and in Solo cups!

I’ve moved them into my 2 x 2 tent, under a blurple. I’ll keep a couple and give the others away, in a week or so. I plan to veg them for a few weeks in 3-gallon pots and then flip them. I’ll give the sixth clone a few more days to root before giving up on her. She’s not dead yet.

10 Likes

Nice work love the gloves wonka 🖒🖒🖒:beers::beers::beers:

1 Like

Day 75
21 Days since Flip to 12/12

(This post is a copy of my post on the Dank Side because a lot is going on and I’m feeling lazy.)

I had to be out of town last weekend, and work has been off the rails. But the plants (and clones) continue to thrive… though the pH seems to be low in the root zone of the plant on the right.

I did some under-skirt trimming today!

This one on the right has been having low pH runoff. Today I watered it with RO water, TigerBloom and BeastieBloomz, pH’d to 6.9… and the runoff was 5.7! She looks okay, but something’s going on.

And the clones went into three-gallon pots (except for the two that are being given away.)

The one in the back-right is also going to a friend, but he’s on vacation for another week, so I up-potted this one for him.

8 Likes

Your garden is looking awesome @WonkaMan. How far from soil to screen?

Mine is 12.5" but is very crowded underneath, that despite aggressive pruning of lower growth. Yours is much more manageable.

3 Likes

Your killing it @WonkaMan are you on the lab side too

2 Likes

Thanks @merlin44! My screen is at exactly the same distance from soil; 12.5". I probably could have gone a bit higher, but this seems to be working fine. My QBs are hanging 14" above the canopy.

2 Likes

Gracias, @ThcinKC. Yes, indeed. I am in the lab as well… with the same name.

2 Likes

Awesome me to

2 Likes