WonkaMan’s Grow Log

It looks like the humidifier is exhausting on that area of the plant. I have seen similar issues when air is being blown directly on the plants.

Looking great otherwise. Thanks for the tag.

4 Likes

I was thinking along those same lines, @merlin44. So I constructed this little jobby to keep the steam away from them. And in another few weeks I’ll be trying to get the humidity down anyway.

9 Likes

Man those girls are bushy!

1 Like

Day 40
Day 28 of Veg

Supercropped both the girls today!

Kalani before:

Kalani after:

Luana before:

Luana after:

It always feel sad to torture them so, but I know that in a couple days, they’ll be just fine, and in a week, they’ll look much better than they did today, with more robust growth in all directions. I’ll probably put them in the scrog net next week so they can grow into that for a week or so, before I flip them to 12/12.

Happy weekend, everyone!

9 Likes

Your girls make me want to drop a couple maui wowie right now!

4 Likes

Dooo it @merlin44 I have two in my tent now… you won’t regret it. It’s great daytime medicine.

@WonkaMan your making it look easy, any beginners will find any part of your journal very helpful. Plants looking on par bro. Show’em what you got!

6 Likes

Thanks @merlin44 and @Covertgrower. Yeah, these Maui Wowie really want to grow. Merlin, if you dropped a couple of these seeds, I’m sure you’d have get some great poundage out of them. I’m looking forward to when they flower and show me their stuff. I want to smell the tropics!

7 Likes

Dude!!! Nice job man! :+1: Plants look killer :fist::v::bear:

3 Likes

Thanks man. Your MW grow was an inspiration, and so far, these little girls are not disappointing. :star_struck: I’m looking forward to flipping in another 10 days or so, and all the glory to follow then :eyes:!

4 Likes

Is this written in stone?
I dropped mine around December 14th.
@WonkaMan

1 Like

No, it’s not written in stone, but I usually flip when the plants have been in veg for 45 days, and by next weekend (not this coming weekend) they’ll have been in veg for 42 days. Why do you ask?

1 Like

I have one MW, and I’m tempted to flip around the same time as you. Not sure yet.

2 Likes

Ah hah. Well that could be fun. You have a separate flower tent, right? Is there room in your flower tent for the MW? I’m thinking that these things are going to stretch a fair amount. My tent is only a 2’ x 4’ x 5’, so I don’t have a ton of room to work with. But I hung my scrog net this evening, 12" above the soil, and I plan to string them along that as they grow.

1 Like

I’m in a 4x4 for flowering. Plenty of room with everyone else. I have 6’ of room so I should be fine.

2 Likes

Day 48
Day 36 of Veg

Getting ready to flip the tent to 12/12 next weekend.

I have two five-gallon coolers filed with RO water, ready to flush them in a week, when I do the flip. So far the root zone seems to be in decent shape. Watered today with runoff at 6.4 for both and ppm at 1100 for Kalani and 1133 for Luana (ppm going in was 501). I’ve been supplementing them with CalMag, PhotoSynthesis Plus, and Big Bloom… and Silica for stem strength.

7 Likes

Your girls are looking FINE! Are those your Maui Wowie? I am thinking of dropping a couple of MW for my next seed grow. I was too far along to add them to this grow as the seeds did not arrive soon enough.

I am eager to watch as they fill out and get fat! I like 'em fat LOL

3 Likes

Hi @merlin44. Yes, indeed. Those are my MW hula girls :desert_island:. They’d do just fine in your fancy new frames, I’d bet!

3 Likes

Those MW would look good in the “inverted hoop skirts”, what a great name, thanks for that @WonkaMan. I am too technical to think of good things like that. LOL I didn’t even take note of the shape and what it might resemble.

2 Likes

I can barely change my lightbulbs. I’ll see a random shape though, and just think, now what would a woman do with that?.. a skill that comes in very useful almost never.

2 Likes

Day 54
Day 42 (and last) of Veg

Flushed the girls with six gallons of RO water, and took six clones from Kalani (on the right) today.

Set the timer to 12/12, with the first long nap scheduled for tonight! FLIP!
https://media.giphy.com/media/RGI72S19OeRKU/giphy.gif

My first venture in cloning…

Snip the victims close to the node or stem;

Plop them in ice-cold RO water right away. (I left the RO water in the garage over night, to cool it down. There was some ice in it, by morning.)

With a razor or scalpel, cut a 45* angle through a node;

Scrape the skin of the stem, for about ¼ of an inch, to encourage root development;

Dip in rooting gel;

Stick in Rapid Rooters;

You’ll see in the image above, that I’m experimenting with a couple of different methods of dealing with the leaves. On some, I’ve trimmed off all but three or so leaves, and left those leaves whole. On others, I left more leaves on the clones, and trimmed the leaves. I’ve read conflicting advice, so am testing it myself. The idea, though, is that we want to keep the clones alive, but not for them to concentrate their energy on photosynthesis, but on root development.

Lastly, mist the the leaves;

and cover them up with the humidity dome where they will sit, undisturbed for the next five days, when I’ll crack the vent ¼ of the way.

And then they’ll stay in there for another 5 days or so… 10 days total. And by then, hopefully, I’ll have some roots.

I’m really just hoping to have at least two good ones to grow and flower. I’ll give the others away if there are any.

9 Likes