Maui Wowie and LA Confidential 3rd grow

Hey all just about done soaking 3 Maui Wowie and 3 La Confidential and Ill be dropping them in some seed starter that I’ve used my two previous grows and just ordered my required FFOF soil for the transplants. I am looking at doing this all in a 4x4 and and hoping to only veg for a couple weeks before flip as if its a SOG. I know it would be best to keep them all the same variety but hoping to cash out on it. After my other grow finishes they will be under 4 qb boards. Just wanting to get my thread started so I have a place to start with all this excitement.

One thing I was thinking about with 6 plants and the size that my two previous grows ends up would it be smart to keep 5 gal pots just in case or could I use 3 gal pots? @Drinkslinger @Myfriendis410 @Juanhdtv @PurpNGold74

1 Like

I can fit three 7 gal containers in a 2’x4’ space, so I’m sure six 5 Gallon containers will work in a 4’x4’. But, if you’re not letting them veg long, it might be a waste of soil.

1 Like

My first grow was Maui and I let them go 50 days til flip roughly and these I’m thinking of 30ish it around 14-18”. As you can see @Drinkslinger in my other grow things can get out of hand :man_shrugging: I will have a second tent but would hate to have two flower tents at the same time

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    3 Maui wowie, 3 La Confidential ILGM seeds

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics,
    Growing in FFOF will be fabric pots

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Fabric pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    Still using distilled

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor

• Light system
    4 qb 288’s

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    6” ac infinity

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    Have if needed

• Co2; Yes, No
    No

Picture is of my well water test. I have been using this water my two previous grows and had nutrient issues last grow could of been water or could of been lack of time/attention to details

Is “hardness-total= 1008” the water’s ppms?

That’s what I got from it. Depending time of year that fluctuates. I believe I was around 900ish during my first grow. I will test tonight when I water and see what it’s sitting at.

Wow my tap test out about 210-240

I’ve finally met someone with worse tap water than us haha! I can see why you would want to use purified water.

2 Likes

The main big difference one can deduce between the two is their units TDS is measured in parts per million or ppm while hardness is measured in grains per gallon. The relation between the two units is 1 grain of hardness is equal to 17.1 mg/mol or PPM in TDS .

Per google

So maybe the 900 was with some nutes. That was ages ago in my mind

So I have just figured out neither option works for my second tent location… so i have a shed and was thinking of building a location in the back and making it like 8x8 or 8x10. Now i would need to insulate it and it would have a closed off ceiling at 8’ and ill be just using the top as extra storage. So living in a frigid Midwest state that is not technically legal per say and needing to keep it 77 in there during the super cold months is this a possibility if the rest of the shed is not insulated and it’s at or below zero?

On another not I just tested my water and it was 575ppm right now. @Psu8286 @Myfriendis410

Still pretty high ppms… :man_facepalming:t5: Purified for the win.

Im in the south so no idea on keeping the cold out but the heat does what it wants to down here. Outdoors seems like a nono in the summer.

Also tuned in and watching. Think i missd the finish up of ur last grow. So u may get a few likes later :wink::joy:

So I have two peeping and waiting on the other four… hope they pop for me. If not I’ll be starting another group here tomorrow night I’d guess and keep rollin… I just received my ww autos and chocolope seeds as well so maybe it’s a sign to start two or three of the chocolope and keep it a straight photo grow :man_shrugging:

So all the seeds popped but one is not going to make it as it shriveled up :man_shrugging: Other than that my second tent will be here Sunday so yeah my vivosun 6” fan and filter kit is here and I am in the process of building a room out in my shed. It’s going to be insulated all the way around and I hope it will be warm enough in there during the winter anyway. I should have all the materials and start building next week. It will be 9x10 and the end game would be to have 2 4x4 tents on one side and 2 2x4 tents on the other side and a shelf on the back wall in between them holding all the stuff. Anyway… long and expensive journey ahead :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haven’t been on here in a while glad to see everyone going strong still :muscle::beer:

Haha yea same o round here.

@Citv hows it growing?

@PurpNGold74 hey man it’s going they all popped but I have one that’s fighting for it. I’m going to be building my room tomorrow and hopefully able to set up my other tent by the end of the night. If that happens I’ll be transplanting them all in 3 gal bags and vegging for a couple weeks before making a quick switch.

1 Like

Since I’m planning a shorter veg time I put them in their end homes (3 gal) and here they wait as I’m building my grow space. My other tent is drying my last harvest right now and will hopefully soon be ready to jar it up and start the cure.
(Maui Wowie has blue tape on the handles)

1 Like

I’m building a grow room in my shed that is insulated and all. When I’m done there will be hear and all in there… woohoo… getting excited…So a couple question for all you lovely peeps tonight…

The room is 10’x12’ and I’m debating how many outlets I should put into the room. Was thinking better safe and add a couple extra and was thinking about a total of 14 plug in. So is this enough? I have to make sure my breaker box can handle this all but it should be no problem.

I am trying to make it air tight in there and was thinking about air circulation and with the winter being down to negative temps what should i do about air exchange?

Also I want to maximize my flowering potential and one thing i could do would be to have 2 tents in there for veg and then have all the area outside of the tents to be full flower. With this I could rotate in plants as i pull out others to chop making my footprint able to be 10’x 5 to 7’ depending on doorway and full inside set up. Now if I didn’t have a tent what would be the best way to light this? I have 2 lights already made of 2 qb288 boards per light and could use them for flower and just add more or i could use them for veg and do something else for a light. @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @Drinkslinger @Myfriendis410 @Juanhdtv

Any other recommendations for building a grow room?

Oh yeah last but not least. My last grow i have a bunch of popcorn bud and all from not trimming the lower stuff before it was to late and so now hen I’m trimming now can I save it all and make it all into butter with the stems and all? I tossed all my scraps my first grow so yeah…

1 Like

If you’re not bringing in fresh air you will need to supplement co2. This goes for all parts of year. As far as what you would need for lights, depends on size of space you’re using. And, number of receptacles probably not as important as number of circuits. You will probably need to figure out what equipment you will need, then figure out how much power it all pulls. Lights alone will probably need multiple circuits if you go big.

1 Like