Maui wowie all brown pistils but clear trichomes

This is different for me, maybe 5th grow of different strains. The pistils are 99% brown but the trichomes are still clear. Anyone else notice this? I’ll let it keep going but thought others might see similar situation.

4 Likes

The MW I’ve grown have all taken a little longer. May have something to do with it being sativa dominant.

4 Likes

@Frankie welcome back to forums. I agree with @MidwestGuy on this. Some strains especially sativa dominant strains can take forever to cloud up and some never make it to amber. How far in to flower is she so far.

2 Likes

I don’t think mine ambered up at all. It’s great weed.

3 Likes

I stopped trying to time, I just watch the pistils and trichomes with a loupe. They vary so much. This is my frrst MW. Noticed this difference.

2 Likes

Youre correct that every strain has different times. But by knowing aprx how long its been in flower gives us an idea of where to begin, strain depending. Ive had plants go upwards of 14 weeks in flower and still didnt amber. I finally pulled them when they had stopped swelling for about a week.

3 Likes

In the greenhouse and indoor all of my leaves were yellow before she got to ten percent. October 30th outdoor. Wish I had some more but I want regular seeds next round. It was the mostly Sativa plants like the Maui that I had a few issues with mold and mildew outdoors which I found odd. Indica dominant strains started June 1st had no mold issues.

She looks early to me, I would let her go two weeks and check again.

1 Like