Maturity of flowers during flowering stage

Hi.
Ive got some plants in flowering stage and i notice that some of the developing buds have lovely dark hairs on them like they ready for plucking then on the same bush the rest of the flowers are still forming white fibers not even close to ready.
Is this common?
Should i pick my dark brown buds dry them smoke it and see whats in store when the rest catch up?
Cheers

That is an indicator that your buds are maturing. But doesn’t necessarily mean they are ready chop. It’s best to go by trichomes. Here’s a chart to look at, to give you a idea of what you need to look for. Most people like to harvest when trics are milky with some amber. To much amber will be a couch lock high. I have seen people who will harvest buds that are ready and let the rest mature longer.

A pic in natural light would help.

1 Like

Thats amazing photography thanks.
I’ll add some photos tomorrow nothing like what you just sent. Cheers

2 Likes

Hay there thanks for your reply.
I will take some photos tomorrow in our day light for you. Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks, but it’s not mine. Just pulled it off 420 magazine website. Growweedeasy site is also a good source for diagnostic and other information. But honestly the best thing to do is what @Oldguy suggested. Put pics up there’s lots of people who can give you some guidance. :+1:

1 Like

Here are my pictures same plant brown fibres on a cluster of flowers mid way down and the 2nd photo has white fibers and its the tip of the Bush.
Im wondering if its just that they all about to turn brown and ive just caught them changing.
Its very early to be ready my other plants are just forming flowers.
Any ideas any one
Cheers

2 Likes

Hi there here is the pictures you requested.
They are both from the same bush picture with the brown flowers is mid way down and the white
Fibred flower is the tip of the bush.
Could be that ive caught the bush as its all turning brown but its very early on in the flowering stage other plants are only just forming flowers and white fibres

2 Likes

How long have they been flowering? It looks like they could have 3-5 weeks left. You don’t want to harvest too early the las couple of weeks they will add a lot of weight.

1 Like

Your plant(s) look great. Dont pick anything yet, they’ve got at least another 4-6 weeks left. As others have mentioned the last few weeks are when they really put on weight. Use the trichomes to judge when theyre ready, not so much the pistols.

Great job. Keep doing what you’re doing.

1 Like

Thanks drinkslinger.

Not too up to speed on judging harvest time by trichromes.

May need some lessons on that.

Any takers

Cheers

Thanks for the praise

1 Like

@Bulldognuts posted some pics/chart. Youll need a loupe (30-60x) or scope.

After many harvests youll eventually be able to tell by other methods (including the trichomes), but for now, use the info youve been given. Also, when looking at trichomes look on the buds, not the sugar leaves.

1 Like

There a interesting story to this plant i have 3 of them. I was given them in our spring and they had been grown under lights.
When i put them outside when they got adjusted and big enough and all seemed well.
Then i noticed what seemed strange to me they started flowering.
Then they went back into veg stage and now they seem to have sorted themselves out and i learned a lot during that process thanks to a few kind people on here.
I have a couple of other plants that i grew from seed one is gorrilla and the other is unknown. Got the seed from a green fairy they are both entering there 3rd week of flowering.
So i guess the one in the photo about the same 2nd time round.
Cheers
Have a great day

Ok thanks.
Brilliant.
Cheers

1 Like

Sounds like they were under 18/6 light schedule inside and when you moved them outside the days were shorter and they went to flower…
Spring time days are usually well under 18/6 which is where you want to be to keep them in veg
So gotta take into account daylight hours outside.
In general 12/12 to flower and 18/6 to keep in veg

1 Like

Thanks for that info skydiver good to keep in mind.
Yes i read resently about the 12/12 to bring them into flowering. Sure have learnt a lot since finding ilgm.
Cheers

2 Likes

how do you know when to trim or pluck a plant ,my plants seem to have to many branches.

1 Like

Good question.
Id like to hear what any of the regulars have to say too

1 Like

Many ways to skin a cannabis and there are suggested stages to do it
Veg and flower stages

Here are a couple videos
Veg

Flower

Along with super cropping…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfW2p-lHN0

As you do it more you will refine your techniques that for your style and situation.
Practice make perfect so to speak

Also look up Low Stress Training (LST) and High Stress Training (HST) and topping and fimming

Hope this helps

That looks like its gunna be some real useful and helpful information thanks skydiver.
Cheers

1 Like