Mature enough for hlg?

Hey everyone, just wanted to get thoughts on if the ladies are mature enough to move under an hlg 260 rspec at about 75% power and about 18inches above canopy.

They are in need of watering - hence the sagging leaves - just hungry, cups are bone dry. Broke ground on 8/31. Transplant needed soon as well.

@Mrcrabs @Skydiver @KeystoneCops @Newt @NeoGroR

Thanks!!

7 Likes

Oh yeah. They’re ready. @18 inches that may be too much power. Check the HLG site for recommended height.

5 Likes

At 4 weeks personally I would be in the 25-30 range for DLI, 300-400 PPFD canopy average :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I have generally followed that light level for seedlings and early veg. I often post this chart from LumiGrow

But then I remembered watching this video from Bruce Bugbee. The take away is young plants can take more light (PPFD) that was previously thought. A DLI of 43, which translates to PPFD of 660 for 18 hours.

Food for thought

4 Likes

Interesting, appreciate posting that video. Might give that a shot on my next run :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I know I never get close to those numbers early on. The chilled tech mini I use for seedlings and early veg will maybe get to an avg. 400 PPFD over the area covered.

2 Likes

My girls have been under my HLG 550v2 Rspec from day 1 so I would say yes lol

1 Like

Go for it , Also time for bigger pot , As mentioned about 24" at 40 to 50% wattage on your HLG 260 light , Plants look great Happy growing ! :v:

1 Like

I have my chilled tech mini @40% and about 20” away. My seedling is 6 days old. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Edit: gotta add, it is under a dome.

3 Likes

They are ready. But I’d set intensity by DLI as mentioned.

I have an HLG 320 XL. Upgraded from the 260 . I learned real quick that 24 inches above canopy is the sweet spot.

I use my hlg 350r from start to finish. Just finished an OG kush and got 36 wet ounces of all bud, so probably end up 10 dry. I love this light. My first run with it.

Geez theyre mature enough to handle 40-60dli