Matter of size!

So this will be my first ever grow and I’m trying to keep it simple, I’m going to try and grow 1 plant to start off with. I have Zkittles auto flower seeds and my question is what would be the minimum size indoor tent I could use for 1 plant at a time, also what size light and what should the light height be set at above the plants. Thank you again for the help in this process.

2 Likes

This can be a very addictive hobby :slightly_smiling_face::grin: So you should consider whether you think you will want to possibly grow more than one at time after first grow. Personally I would go with at least a 2x4 tent and try to get one that has at least 6 ft height.

11 Likes

A 3x3 is a good starter. 200 true watt led. 4" fan and carbon. Small fan for circulation. If soil cloth pot. A 10 gal fit good. I keep a mother in a 20 in a 3x3. Very stealthy and fits almost anywhere.

2 Likes

I’ll let others make a suggestion on light, just need to get something that fits space and budget. Keep in mind that lighting is one of the most important aspect of growing dense buds :+1:

3 Likes

2x4 is a nice size. Lots of lights designed for a 2x4. I have a 3x3x7 tent. I like it because I can grow 1,2 or 4 plants easily.

4 Likes

@Bulldognuts nailed it! You may want to prepare now to grow more plants… it’s better to have more room than, later down the road, you wished you had more more room and have to buy another tent. Of course the space you need to fit the tent into can be limiting.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to our addiction!

I’m set to watching!!

2 Likes

I use a 70×70×160 for one plant

Personally I would do a 4’x4’ because this hobby is extremely addicting. You will go down the rabbit hole faster than you can blink an eye. :+1::+1::+1:

If you have the space that is.

As for lights…I love my HLG 260xl rspec.

This was from an old grow. I had 4 plants and three of them killed the 4th off. :pensive:

The tent size will depend on your lights.

4 Likes

FWIW, the caution about the addictive nature of growing is warranted. I am on my third tent. First two were just too small. I ended up with a 4 X 4 tent, 80 inches tall. I absolutely love it.

1 Like

LOL, I started with a 4x4, added another 4x4, then added a 12x12 for drying, then another 12x12 :crazy_face:

2 Likes

i’m over here wondering which room i can kick my kids out of, instead of another tent

kidding…kinda

5 Likes