Matt’s 2018 Outdoor/Greenhouse Grow

@Momtomask I have always let the rain wash off my plants. I’m sure using hose would be ok too. They can handle a lot, especially if planted in ground. Just be gentle lol.
I should get in there and weed whack the tall areas but I sprayed the grass and greenhouse for bugs before I put any plants in there, and so far it’s worked well! Very few bugs in there so far and none have bothered the plants yet. Once they get a little bigger I’ll be spraying them with Silica and BT to help deter pests too.

6 Likes

After watching Jorge Cervantes put a water hose to his girls, I just spray the girls with my garden nozzle set on a hard spray setting.

He hit his with some pressure behind the water like it was his job! Said it also helps knock down many bugs that may be hiding on them.

These are the only girls I don’t mind being rough with. They seem to like it, for the most part, but I’m not very gentle with them.

9 Likes

I’m going to start a poll for which autos you guys think I should add to the other White Widow Autos outdoors this year… poll to come next… I’ll drop one each of the top 2 voted on strains

2 Likes
  • Blueberry Auto
  • Amnesia Haze Auto
  • Cheese Auto
  • Northern Lights Auto
  • AK47 Auto

0 voters

6 Likes

Ha, I guess that’s an easy decision lol

Haha so far… I’ll leave the poll up until the end of the week and drop the beans next week. Not surprised with the poll so far lol

4 Likes

Ya, that damn @Screwauger and his bba’s lol. @Bogleg got a good one too.

5 Likes

Blueberry is just so damn good.

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how the B.B. does outside. I grew a couple indoors a while back and they turned out great

1 Like

Refresh my memory, what’s your climate like? Worried about it cooking in the sun?

1 Like

I’m near Seattle. Summer usually doesn’t start until July so I’m giving them a head start in the greenhouse. They’ll be going into a fenced off section of the yard once they get bigger and it stops raining so damn much lol

4 Likes

I had a friend in Spanaway years ago and followed the weather. You get some big swings there.

1 Like

Last year we had a drought most of the summer and then in early September, we had massive rains and that led to the bud rot and mold last year. That’s why I’m doing an all auto grow this year outside. Sativa strains don’t agree with our climate

2 Likes

You could start a sativa in like December to be ready in time, yeah? :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha I wish. Lol.

1 Like

We’ve considered moving up that way. We want to get out of Vegas. Too hot, bad influences on the kids, and just tired of it.

1 Like

I love living here. All 4 seasons with typically mild summers and winters. I have in laws that live near Vegas and I try to get to the strip at least once a year
I understand about the kids tho and bad influence

1 Like

@Gspot this is my outdoor thread this year too. Might not be as interesting if you only grow indoors, but feel free to comment or ask questions on any of my threads :v:

2 Likes

I’m trying to absorb as much information as possible so that when I’m ready to grow outdoors in prepared and know what I’m getting into.

Outdoor is a different beast, but by doing a lot of research ahead of time, hopefully that will help you prepare accordingly. Just always plant more than you plan on harvesting outdoors :v:

1 Like