Massachusetts (Boston area) which Autoflower strains for outdoor planting using ipower fabric bags

ya gotta build one ! …its the best of things for veggies and pot …but I spend a lot of time in summer rescuing bees and butterflies from inside…make sure there is ventilation both ends…there are some great youtube videos on how to knock one up on a limited budget :man_farmer::butterfly::honeybee::seedling:

1 Like

Who are the moderators over at the lab ?

Hey @whitneymvp, its been some time since I’ve posted anything but Robert sent me a message asking me just Where I’m at ? !! and he was right, I’ve been here a while and haven’t posted a thing so…
I’m an out door grower, I am also a Guerilla grower which means I dont grow in Bags , not to say I dont have some laying around.
I believe your question was about what to try in the Great North East and I’d be Happy to say to try Roberts Feminized White Widow, a very forgiving plant with Great growth, Auto Blue Berry would be a second choice as I’ve seen first hand the absolute Butchery this plant can endure and still make a Great come back, I won the BOM with this plant after a terrible ordeal.
As I said I’m not a bag or Potted plant guy but an Outdoor -In the soil Guerilla grower from Up-State NY, I do know a bit of Auto growing from the past and learned a lot in just one season of growing them , both White widows and Blue Berrie.
Outdoor Autos will stress the Crap outta you, just when you think you failed they become Teenagers and ask for all of your help.
It all starts with your Starting soil mix , and yes you Can start them and plant them in a final area , yes TWO different stages !! OMG !!! I only lost plant in this / these Outdoor stages due to Varmits andMother Nature’s wrath.

What you’re looking at doing combines the Best of both Indoor and Outdoor growing meaning that you want to plant in a pot and have them out door, Very cool indeed !! The main thing is that you will be starting and growing through the whole process in One pot, and this is Very Do-able. Also you are able to control Some of the environment (Mother Natures Wrath ) that it will be dealing with , But still be keeping it as an Outdoor Plant.
This means that you will Not be moving the plant At All through the whole process of growth, and that your Starting soil will have to precede into your final grow soil in one grow pot (indoor growing style ) and that you wish to continue its growth as an Out -door plant, Both of which are so very cool.

I start my plants indoor for Two weeks, that’s it then they go Out, and its A lot of work thereafter, I see my plants Everyday for the next Month on a daily usually being a mile from my house , I have to realize and know A lot of Soil science in my area, but Mainly I focus on the Sun and how to set my plants for the Best gain.

You should set your plants for the North, thereby gaining the Full East to West Sun through out the day.

I would suggest using Both the 5 and 7 gal ipower fabric pots for what you seem to be achieving, dont try to go Too big just yet, 5 plants of Roberts seeds will do you Very well and it shouldn’t stress you out too much, also as @raustin said watch your watering, very little at first and then Very early in the day , I was watering mine at 10:30 at night for my outdoor grows .
Keep asking questions , I’ll be ordering my seeds soon and sending them outside !!

I woke up this a.m to find my greenhouse leaking from a night of heavy rain…only trouble is, is that the greenhouse is built into my house and its all hands to the pump…a word to the wise…the Kale and Basil love the natural humidity as does my pot…Nature Rules !

What type of floor do you have? I was thinkn about putting floor drainage with stone so i could water with a hose.

Boston, with all that fog and humidity from onshore breezes? I’d be looking for a rot resistant strain! I’m inland from you in the hills and above the fog, it’s not as bad here when it come to those days of endless
drizzle and fog. Be glad you’re not in Portland where the prevailing winds make it rain and drizzle all the time!

Mine is wood and its a bloody drag as however careful I am I will spill/drip ( my greenhouse is on the 2nd floor of my 3 floor house, it was a conservatory but I liberated it and the Missus is cool about it, we do tend to live with the gals in the daytime though.
A thought for you…make sure you have ventilation both ends of your proposed build as it gets hot and humid as any jungle I’ve been in.
If you intend to use it to grow in winter, you need to think if that stone floor will turn it into an ice cube :cold_face:

1 Like

Wow Wee :blush: Beautiful

If I were you I’d ditch the dumb pots. They’ll dry out too fast, get too hot and the autos root ball will be limited with it’s pots size. Autos thrive with very little nutes. My best and biggest autos were grown back in 2010. Nirvana auto blueberry. They got over 9 feet tall. and the main stalk was as big as a 2 liter of coke. Grown right allong a swamp . I’d suggest best if you get one resistant to mold. The main purpose of growing outdoors is a yield if not just grow indoors those smart pots are mostly for air pruning and training but what the outdoors is sky’s the limit when it comes to height smart pots and mostly indoor things

Hi jumping in @AAA . Just interested in your Afganny grow. Ive got 2 going outside, started inside 1 may. Interested in watching. Happy grow man.

I grew 2 auto afganis this grow and they Foxtailed pretty quickly…one thing to watch out for.

@stretchgfw.1957 I harvested in early spring.

Here is the journal:

1 Like

Thanks man. My 2 are outside in 25 gallon fabric pots. I will check out your journal. How was tge END product man. I gave to know @AAA thanks man​:v::sunglasses:

@stretchgfw.1957, DANK!

I have a buddy who is a veteran smoker and he said that truthfully its some of the strongest smoke he has had in a while. His wife was tripping out and wanted to know what I did that made it so good.

Whenever I push people to be honest, they say that it is truly strong.

1 Like

is this so ?..I have been feeding my autos for years in pots, dumb and smart.

Hey @AAA. Grew afganny a few years ago, outside in the ground. By FAR the best weed i can remember. Grows great at this latitude. Fits the growing season here in MA. Thanks man.:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

@stretchgfw.1957, yeah, it’s crazy. I’ve got all these other strains going but not sure they will stack up to the Afghani.

I’m getting into the 2 month cure zone and the nugs have gotten even more Stoney.

Hey man. Do you use teas @AAA

Rock on, peace out.

Enjoy life.:v::sunglasses:

yes sir, @stretchgfw.1957.

1 Like

Hello -

I’m new to growing MJ. I have one pot of Northern Lights Auto in a five gallon fabric pot growing outdoors which I bring in at night.

It’s a bit small and not very vigorous by comparison to what I’ve seen here.

I purchased a Grow kit from A Pot For Pot.

The bottom third of pot consists of their super soil mix. The remaining two-thirds is a mixture of Coco Cuir, Perlite and a small bag of Diatomaceous Earth.

It started its fifth week yesterday.

I was taken by surprise when you stated you use a fifteen pound pot. Is it because you want a much larger plant?

Your plants are nice and large.

I live in western Massachusetts.