Massachusetts (Boston area) which Autoflower strains for outdoor planting using ipower fabric bags

Mine is wood and its a bloody drag as however careful I am I will spill/drip ( my greenhouse is on the 2nd floor of my 3 floor house, it was a conservatory but I liberated it and the Missus is cool about it, we do tend to live with the gals in the daytime though.
A thought for you…make sure you have ventilation both ends of your proposed build as it gets hot and humid as any jungle I’ve been in.
If you intend to use it to grow in winter, you need to think if that stone floor will turn it into an ice cube :cold_face:

1 Like

Wow Wee :blush: Beautiful

If I were you I’d ditch the dumb pots. They’ll dry out too fast, get too hot and the autos root ball will be limited with it’s pots size. Autos thrive with very little nutes. My best and biggest autos were grown back in 2010. Nirvana auto blueberry. They got over 9 feet tall. and the main stalk was as big as a 2 liter of coke. Grown right allong a swamp . I’d suggest best if you get one resistant to mold. The main purpose of growing outdoors is a yield if not just grow indoors those smart pots are mostly for air pruning and training but what the outdoors is sky’s the limit when it comes to height smart pots and mostly indoor things

Hi jumping in @AAA . Just interested in your Afganny grow. Ive got 2 going outside, started inside 1 may. Interested in watching. Happy grow man.

I grew 2 auto afganis this grow and they Foxtailed pretty quickly…one thing to watch out for.

@stretchgfw.1957 I harvested in early spring.

Here is the journal:

1 Like

Thanks man. My 2 are outside in 25 gallon fabric pots. I will check out your journal. How was tge END product man. I gave to know @AAA thanks man​:v::sunglasses:

@stretchgfw.1957, DANK!

I have a buddy who is a veteran smoker and he said that truthfully its some of the strongest smoke he has had in a while. His wife was tripping out and wanted to know what I did that made it so good.

Whenever I push people to be honest, they say that it is truly strong.

1 Like

is this so ?..I have been feeding my autos for years in pots, dumb and smart.

Hey @AAA. Grew afganny a few years ago, outside in the ground. By FAR the best weed i can remember. Grows great at this latitude. Fits the growing season here in MA. Thanks man.:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

@stretchgfw.1957, yeah, it’s crazy. I’ve got all these other strains going but not sure they will stack up to the Afghani.

I’m getting into the 2 month cure zone and the nugs have gotten even more Stoney.

Hey man. Do you use teas @AAA

Rock on, peace out.

Enjoy life.:v::sunglasses:

yes sir, @stretchgfw.1957.

1 Like

Hello -

I’m new to growing MJ. I have one pot of Northern Lights Auto in a five gallon fabric pot growing outdoors which I bring in at night.

It’s a bit small and not very vigorous by comparison to what I’ve seen here.

I purchased a Grow kit from A Pot For Pot.

The bottom third of pot consists of their super soil mix. The remaining two-thirds is a mixture of Coco Cuir, Perlite and a small bag of Diatomaceous Earth.

It started its fifth week yesterday.

I was taken by surprise when you stated you use a fifteen pound pot. Is it because you want a much larger plant?

Your plants are nice and large.

I live in western Massachusetts.

Hello -

I’m new to growing.

I have my first pot growing outdoors but take it indoors at dusk.

What do you mean by your statement, you would finish in a 7 gallon pot?

Transfer plant from the 5 gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot towards the end of the growth?

Thanks

Switching to a 7 gallon pot at this point makes no sense, keep it where it is, the repotting will slow growth for weeks and the size difference is minimal. Looks like it wasn’t getting enough light when it was younger, the stock is quite long until it hit the first growth. You can build up around the base so it won’t be so tempted to blow over in a storm. The good news is the plant looks healthy and growing well. Just keep doing what you are doing, it seems to be working.

Thanks a bunch!

I’m encouraged and a bit more confident.

BTW, I’m in western Mass also in the Pioneer Valley.

:heart:

What if you had pots and would’ve moved them inside when it rained, do you think they would’ve survived? That’s the same strain I’m growing this summer.

Damn that’s what I’m growing outside any tips? Germinated at the end of May.

What did you do to prevent bud rot?