Mars or HLG light?

I am running it in a 5x5 and it is awesome.

1 Like

I can appreciate it (chilled x6) totally. But 4x4 is “standard” and 5x5 is max… we all know what that means…(4×4). Take a look at the spectrums as well… pretty big difference.
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

That’s the 600 watt, the 5x5 is 1000 watt which has good efficiency and significantly more PPF 2450 µmoles

In comparison to hlgs 650r 1770 PPF on its highest setting.

Both great lights, but it’s not apples to apples. Please link me to chilLeds spectrum map, thanks

1 Like

I agree. It’s 1300… more expensive. Less efficient, not as full spectrum… and it’s dyi.
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

Even compare the umols at the same height.
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

Happy Growing!!

1 Like

This is not an accurate statement, but thanks for sharing the spectrum.

2 Likes

To the OP, I would pick HLG all day everyday over all of Mars lights - hope that helps

4 Likes

The chilled tech x6 1000 runs about same efficacy as 650r when power levels are the same. So hard to say the 650r is more efficient. That is just over half power from the x6 1000. Plus it could potentially provide more even canopy coverage. Imo it’s superior light to hlg-650r, justifying higher price.

5 Likes

I apologize if I had misunderstood the info here… but this is what i was going off of. @dbrn32. So that full system number is the correct number to compare right?
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

I do apologize for the umols statement. Fake news for sure.:+1: Efficacy and spectrum?
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

That’s correct, at 1000 watts. Dimmed to match power consumption of the 650r they are going to be extremely close. The x6 1000 would just have a lot of reserve power at that point.

Is not necessarily anything I feel you should apologize for, just sharing the full picture for everyone to have better understanding.

5 Likes

that light is beastly! You can run CO2 with a closed system easily with that light. It is overkill for a non CO2 grow, but! That said, you run the light at 75 percent and increase service life and efficiency.

2 Likes

these lights are at the extreme edge of what plants can tolerate. Its why they are hung 48 inches from the canopy. I want the readers to understand that pot height minus light fixture minus the veg height minus the lighting gap does not leave much room for bud. At some point you run into logistical issues with that much light. Normally those lights do best with a 10 foot cieling. Again I also said, that the light can be run cooler than one that needs to be pushed hard. Thats a big deal for service life.

1 Like

Im thinking once my garage is done, 12 foot cieling height, I will be looking to buy a beast fixture.

2 Likes

Sounds like the chilltech x6 is probably overkill for me then, I don’t want to pay for power I’m not using.

I’m also shipping to Australia, so that makes a big difference. HLG quoted $85 for P&H, Chilltech are talking $750!

1 Like

What kind of co2 and where do you get it?

You should check with cutter electronics.

2 Likes

After further research… that 1000 is a MONSTER. I’m working on a second set up…:grin::grin:. Thank you all for the enlightenment!! I was a little HLG blind…lol. Don’t get me wrong…i love my set up. But now I see that “there are others” lol!!
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

@420qc Lots of great lights and HLG650R is definitely a good one. I narrowed my search for an LED to a short list before opting for the chilled. If you are in the market I highly recommend looking at these other great lights as well.

• Mammoth Folding 8 bar, 6 bars with 2 UV bars
  • lumatek Zues pro lineup
  • chilled x6 lineup

That lumatek zues pro is impressive and pushes 2700 µmol/s , but was unavailable to be purchased at the time in the US; has since released. All great lights with expensive price tags. Harder to find users with this light though.

The mammoth 8 bar with 2 UV bars is intriguing and I went back and forth between this light and the X6 units for several weeks. Because it has UV… although likely only used in those last few weeks of flower.

During my search I emailed all of aforementioned companies. Chilled emailed me back within an hour and offered to chat on the phone to answer any other questions I had. Mammoth contacted me back the same day and essentially copied and pasted info from their website with remarks on why they’re better than HLG and fluence highlighting the UV over and over. Lumatek emailed me back 3 days later with info on a US distributor (lumatek was eliminated at this point).

I checked all of the above social media accounts, checked out other growers on Instagram using them. No matter which I would have chosen I would have ended up with more than enough light for my plants (co2). The only company I see actively engaging their users in social media is chilled. Chilled Instagram is actually kinda funny and they post videos regularly while engaging users in the comments.

I was leaning Mammoth and I ended up with a chilled after chats with them on the phone. I asked why can I make a cup of coffee or start my laundry through an app in bed and all things in my tent are smart except my LED? Why lights have steadily become better for plants, but not for humans operating them? Austin eluded to big changes/add-ons coming that would be compatible with their current lineup including a smart controller, Smart phone app and the potential to adjust spectrum already in the development/testing stages. From what I can tell No other company is doing that. I would love to use a smart app to set schedules, adjust power & spectrum instead of only being able manually adjust power via a knob. Even if adjusting the spectrum doesn’t come, adjusting the power input/output from an app and setting schedules to eliminate another electronic is worth the price of admission for me even if it’s rarely used. The customer service, willingness to engage on social media, setting up calls to chat when it was convenient for me and not being late to those calls is why I chose chilled over the competitors.

My biggest Chilled disappointment was waiting 18 days from order to get my led. Maybe I’m just impatient as an American consumer I just expect everything I purchase to show up next day. This may be a factor for some so it was worth mentioning that the turnaround time on purchase to receive was slower than the others.

Not for nothing, but If ILGM or Dbrn32 ever offered an LED lineup I probably would buy those too. I’d guess many of us here would.

Happy Growing!

4 Likes