Mars Hydro 300w full spectrum led light

I currently have 2 blueberry autoflowering seeds planted in ffof. They haven’t sprouted yet. When they sprout how close should I put my Mars 300w? I also have a 250w equivalent spiraled led light that put out 3300 lumens. Should I throw that on also or will that be too much light?

2 Likes

The 300 will be plenty for a sprout, too much in fact if you have it closer than 21/2-3 feet away, when starting you will have to gradually lower ithan from 3ft and if you start noticing stretch in the seedling

4 Likes

Good call @Nug-bug
~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I appreciate it! This is my first grow and I am growing blueberry autos feminized. I’m nervous because I planted my seeds before a taproot emerged. I germinated them using the cup of water method. When they sunk to the bottom I planted them in ffof. How long do you think it will take them to sprout? I have them in a dark cabinet with plastic baggie on top of each to keep the soil moist. Will everything be okay?

1 Like

You should use a seedling/sprouting soil, FFOF soil as too much nutrients in it, you may experience some difficulty with the processus of seedling/sprouting. You can easily put 3 to 4 inch of seedling/sprouting soil in the top of your FOFF one

If your soil is moist enough put your pot under your light and soil spray 2 times a day, they should sprout any where between 2 to 7 days depending on how far you planted them and how they are doing.

Hoping that’s helping you @quesodip26 and you’re welcome

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

I have my cups under my Mars with a plastic baggy on each to keep soil moist.

My tent arrives tomorrow.
Should I keep tote closed for less outside light penetration? @Niala

No, seeds germination seek for lights and it’s a good thing. They should sprout faster either.

When they do sprout, remove your plastic bag and your Mars 300W should not be closer than 2 or better, 2.5 feet , it’s really important, because after 2 or 3 days of light been to close, you’ll risk light burn. At 2.5 feet you’ll be good and you can gradualy lower it at 2 feet when they gone a get the third set of leaves .

Hoping that’s helping you @quesodip26

~Al :innocent: :v:

Thanks for the response I am a little confused tho. Should I leave the tote open or should I put the cover on like this pic. @Niala

1 Like

1 Like

Oh my mist, tote close @quesodip26

1 Like