Marijuana leaves are canoeing downwards. Please help

Just dropping in to say welcome to ILGM. You’re in good hands ^^^

1 Like

Soil look really dry other wise I agree with the other in having a decent ph meter

The drops are subjective and Not the best to use

1 Like

I flushed after they started curling and yes I did ph the water before flushing. I did not use a flushing agent but I used about a gallon of water for each flush.

A gallon of water poured into a 5 gallon pot is not enough to flush it. It’s actually about how much you would use for a normal feeding or watering.
A real flush, to leach excess salts from the soil, will take 3x-5x the container size of pH’d water. So 15-25 gallons for your 5 gallon pot.

You say you water every other day? How much water?
@SlowOldGuy may be correct about the “wet feet”.

2 Likes

Okay thanks for the heads up! So you’re saying I should use about a gallon of phd water for each plant when it’s time to water? I usually use about half a gallon for each plant but I can adjust that. How can I avoid “wet feet” especially when I’m suppose to use more water when I feed? Thanks for the help!

I grow in 7 gallon cloth pots. My temps are in the low 70’s and humidity ranges 40-60%. I water or feed every 4-5 days, sometimes even 6 days if the plants aren’t ready. I watch for signs of drooping. I use approx 1.25gal per plant. .25 gal as a pre soak, then the rest added slowly after about 10-15min.

Your girl is probably over watered.
Lift the pot every day. It’ll become pretty light when it’s dry.
Lift the pot after watering, you’ll notice a huge difference.

You don’t water cannabis like a house plant. You let it dry out, almost to the point of drooping, then basically flood it, expecting 10-20% runoff. Using cloth pots can give a little more since they “leak” a little.

1 Like

Awesome thank you so much! As you can probably tell this is my first time growing so all the help is wonderful.

1 Like

if u cannot judge the moisture in the bucket by weight,
use a cheap moisture meter,
from a store, NOT Amazon, they’ve been shipping bad meters,

mine is 20+ yrs old and still works great…
WIN_20181001_17_35_07_Pro

only water when the meter is right in the ‘dry’ area, #2 or 3 on the scale,
saturate the pots and wait for them to dry again, then saturate again,
this is flood to drought watering, it makes happy roots, plants, and growers.!

2 Likes

All this info is really great for future reference but do think the plant I have now will go back to normal even this late in the process? I’m almost 9 weeks in so about 4-5 weeks of flowering. Do you think if I complete flush it out and start the new watering schedule you suggested, it will go back to normal or is it too late? Thanks!

if u r going to flush, wait until it needs watering then flush.!
it probably will ‘recover’, but it is going to be set back some.

2 Likes

I agree with @SlowOldGuy. Good call. Flush when the pot is dry. It should recover.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! One last thing… do you recommend giving the regular dosage of nutes right after the flush is complete or should I wait a few days for the soil to dry?

I have bought many tools on Alibaba. It is numerous and cheap.

Do not give any nutrients for at least a couple of weeks after flushing. Just plain water ph’d to 6.0 -6.3. You need to let the plant recover from this episode.

1 Like

Get a ppm reading at the beginning of the flush and then a reading at the end of the flush and let us know the numbers. That will give a better idea of what to do. But I think your soil is hot and needs to be cleaned out good.

1 Like

I’ll steak my claim that it’s nearing reverse osmosis from salts being too high in the soil.

The higher the salts, the higher the osmotic pressure and the lower the flow in the transpiration stream resulting in that wilt look. Added to that the telltale rich green from nutrient overloading and accumulation.

In other words, toxic soil conditions from too much fertilizer accumulation by being too high in PPM.

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct. I started flushing yesterday; I’ve put in about 15 gallons of ph’d water. The runoff ppm range in the beginning was around 1200 but now it’s all the way down to about 300! We’re getting somewhere lol.

1 Like

Good news there. Perfect!!! Let the pot dry out good before you water again. possibly 3-4 days. It should feel very light in weight. Then water with just plain ph’d water. No nutes just yet. She has to clean her self out.
post up some pictures when you get a chance. I’d like to see what she looks like now.

1 Like

I flush my 5 gallon pots with 3 gallons florakleen then 2 gallons filtered water and I’ve had great results…plus I’ve heard people say you can’t use the same median more than once…lol…I reuse mine for 3 grows before replacing…I do add extra perlite every time tho