Marijuana for seizuring douberman

A question from a fellow grower:

We have a four year old male Doberman Pinscher that is suffering seizures.

The medicine prescribed from the vet is not working and I was wondering about using cannabis oil or tinctures.

Do you have any experience with this or could you point me in the right direction?

Persnoally my thought is, if it works on humans, it should work on dogs :slight_smile:

I also follow that line of thought, but it not always the case.Cannabis oil has been approved in several states for epileptic seizure issues; So, you have the right idea.

Honestly; I would call and or research what Vetranarians had to add on this topic. Of course you need to find an open minded D.V.M.

Do you live in a location that allows the use of Cannabis oil? Is it readily available?

I realize this is an old post, but I’m curious what you found out about using the oil on your dog … I hope your dog is doing okay.
MT1

I’m bumping this topic up just in case someone has an answer. A friend of mine who has a one year-old bulldog said her dog is having gran mal seizures. I suggested she do some research to see if cannabis oil might help. Not sure if any vets out there would know the answer.

Thanks for any insights.
MT1

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/this-dogs-seizures-are-being-treated-with-cbd-d82e

I found this link that talks about using cannabis oil for dogs with seizures.

Cbd oil oil hemp oil maybe , it comes in e cigarette vapor now .

Yoshi … thanks for the tip. Not too sure an e-cig would work for a dog. Maybe some kind of edible. I don’t know if you could get a dog to sit still in a vaporizer.
MT1