I hope I’m not posting this in a wrong place and there is someone who will be able to tell me what I did wrong.
I was doing marijuana alcohol extract for second time. I heated the weed on approx 70 deg C for 100 min. Then I cooled it and pour it with 90 % Ethanolum Alcohol and put it in a freezer. I took it out a few times and shoke it. After two full days I took it out and strained it. I added double amount of warm water to one amount of alcohol extract. With this I got 40 % extract which should be suitable for ingestion. At that point the awckward thing happened. The mixture became white as diluted milk.
What was wrong? Is it safe to ingest it?
i have no idea. just thought id post so you know its getting read.
let wait and see what our community says
I remember when I was a teen, I’d drink my mommom’s rum, then fill it with water. It would sometimes get cloudy.
I’ve never added water to extracts. Usually, I let the alcohol evaporate off to make it smoother.
if you add water to licorice liquor it turns cloudy, but thats from a precipitate?
maybe your extract precipitated out of the ethanol when u added the water
that makes sense because resin is highly insoluble in water - i bet thats what happened. it should be safe.
just in case, whats the number for poison control in your area?
Resins from weed are hydrophobic.
damn good info
there u have it. its the ouzo effect.
So, now we know.
I’m glad to know, it’s nothing strange and dangerous.