Marijuana Butter

I have a large bag of popcorn buds and was thinking about making butter. I read the basic of first baking in a 200 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. My first question is do I first need to air dry the buds or can they go directly in the oven immediately after harvesting?

My second question is can I cook (in a fry pan) with this butter or will heating it breakdown the THC? Can I use it in a cookie or cake receipe where it will not get as hot?

1 Like

Not sure about using it to fry in a pan but its fine for baking. Mine is always dry first before i make butter, but not sure if it matters or not

1 Like

Let me tag someone for you that can help :muscle::100: Brother @Storm this is your expertise so do you mind helping

2 Likes

Dry at 170 in oven first. After dry up to 230 for 30 minutes or so to decarb. Add a tblspoon lecithin to butter. Helps oils bind to water. Then use whatever infusing recipe you like. Refrigerate. Coconut and butter will sour. Olive is shelf stable. Ty for the tag @anon1893985 .

4 Likes

Butter infusion does not need high heat. 150-170 is plenty. Best practice is the lower numbers but add time. Honey is 110 and 4 hours. Butter be good at 130 or so for several hours. Long and low makes a good infusion. The infusion process does NOT need high heat. I never go over 175. I just add time. Lecithin helps a lot. Also helps digest it. Here is olive.

1 Like

Yw and thanks for the help :muscle::100:

1 Like

Another great decarb is dry. Put in a mason jar. Put top on. Decarb at 230. Open and vent once or twice. Shake up.30-45 minutes. No smell.

2 Likes

I am going to tag in @Newt . He gave me an instapot process.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to know more about it so i can make me some good sleepy stuff ā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl::sleeping::sleeping:

If you want sleep meds, decarb at 240 F for 3 hours. CBN is the sleep cannabinoid

7 Likes

Hey storm i use MCT oil

And i just done these today

I use a magic butter machine to make my infused oil

2 Likes

What lecithin do you use? I just did my first oil infusion the other day and how much do you use compared to oil or butter?

1 Like

I use sunflower. A tblspn good for a pound of butter.