March 20th 12/12 saltus

Cannabis

2 Likes

That’s the first part but the rest goes like this

I don’t care about electrical cost, it’s the resin production and finishing power this is contributed to that intrigues me most

3 Likes

Sweet… faster harvest!

All of this very easily accomplished with a PLC or even a lower end programmable relay.
@Ashleyroachclip

3 Likes

They already make extremely advanced aquarium lighting that does this. Also, there are some high end lights with very precise digital control that you could probably set-up to do this.

Tbh, I think this would be too much hassle for not enough return for indoor grows, but no reason not to try it if you so desire.

3 Likes

9 hours of light…hmmmm. 11.5 hours of indoor lighting is the lowest I’ve seen safely recommended.

Does that system account for the Daily Light Integral needs of the plant?

2 Likes

More of the trial and error type, I got a few lights, I know what they can do under normal 12/12, let’s see what they can do with 9/15.

From what I’ve seen they do ok so far

2 Likes

The panels that have this are like California sunworks…sub par light systems at best for high end prices

2 Likes

I am not recommending any brands. I also don’t recommend that light regime

3 Likes

All good, im using it and will keep you updated. Drop by my latest journal anytime to see status of ladies

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if Male or female?

Plant has switch to bud.

1 Like

This is where far red lights come into play AKA flower initiators they mimic the reds that are in the spectrum of light when fall is comming… @blackthumbbetty how u been buddy…
14 hours on? @Ashleyroachclip your going backwards on the lighting of anything you start dropping hours from veg to flower drop from 15 hours to below 12 to start flowering but flower initiators ar put on for 15 ton20 minutes before lights on and that knocks of far red phytochrome and if you can lower far red phytochrome below a certain level when put on 12 12 … your transition time from veg to flower is greatly reduced you get through strech faster and over all reduces flower time… at the end you start using at end of the day as well and it makes it feel it’s getting closer to winter and finishes up faster… you really dont wanna reduce your daylight hours to much to not rob yourself of DLI molar value you want as much light and photosynthesis as possible being inside DLI lessens in nature over the season but it’s still a very high value being the sun is the source… if your going to try and mimic nature look into far red flower initiators pretty cool technology ** warning** RABBIT HOLE

4 Likes

Gawd, another one :heart_eyes:. I know @Hellraiser is using far red I’m sure on his grow as supplemental lighting. Be interesting to see his take on improvement, if any.

3 Likes

I did an experiment with far red (730nm) to see if it could be used to make a quicker harvest time. Ran the HLG Far Red Flowering Initiator lamp for 7 minutes after the main lights went out and ran a 13/11 flowering light schedule. My control plant, a clone I’m very familiar with, normally takes 10 weeks of flowering and with the far red and 13/11 schedule, it was ready in 9 weeks (same 10-15% amber as I like with this strain).

There are different uses for far red and my experiment was limited to speeding up harvest time, which it did, took a week off my 10 week strain with same yield and no loss or change of quality.

6 Likes

See great minds think alike

1 Like