March 20th 12/12 saltus

You can set this to your area and zone.
My thought is, as you go to a 12/12 light change, would it benefit to follow the light time length of day as it is in nature? Using this chart as a guide to mimic nature.
@GREANDAL @peachfuzz @PharmerBob @fano_man @blackthumbbetty @Youngster. @dbrn32 @Dave69 @Grandaddy013 @Davyg
Would this work for an indoor grow?

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R5G2F3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TEJ0Q6BEHEDRHFXV2X2C
Ordered this for the plant, play some (dark side of the moon) by the way which one’s pink. Echoes, is my favorite, live from Pompeii!
And it’s got a discount on it too.under $30

2 Likes

On an indoor grow you can make it daytime anytime you like mate. My 12 daylight runs at night. Keeps the cold night air out of my grow space :sunglasses:. Dark side of the moon is a brilliant album :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Are you following my thread? I’m currently running a time that will mimic the same time except the sunset sunrise part

2 Likes

He’s referring to:

By reducing the light a plant is given will the decrease in photons make the plant know the light is slipping away and it’s time to ramp up production and finish.

End result is usually a more resin packed heavy buds

3 Likes

Nothing as haunting as…Look mummy, there’s an aeroplane up in the sky…

2 Likes

The short answer to that is yes Reinhard Delp pioneered not only this but quite a few other useful techniques

2 Likes

As the sun starts to set in the fall we lose about 2 mins a day of sunshine.

You could reset your off time back 2 mins a day, or 15 mins every week.

If you find a timer that will cut those 2 mins off everyday let me know

4 Likes

Ahhh, I can see me going down another rabbit hole on this one. I’ve just read the post again and totally missed the point :man_facepalming:. Being able to mimic nature would be amazing on an indoor grow

3 Likes

A PLC is easily programmed for such things. This is exactly what I do with my UV, starts at 5 minutes twice daily and gradually ramps up to 1 hour daily over a prescribed period of time.

I have considered doing this with my main lights but have not done so as yet.

4 Likes

Lol, same. I’m just gonna pretend I didn’t read this and move along.

3 Likes

Well thanks for the new language to learn :wink:

2 Likes

Your running a winter sulcus, my idea is 12/12 an work up to 14/10 ,14 lights on. But I can see your point of thinking as you explain. Rather, which way you go with the light pattern, it got to be interesting experiment?

1 Like

I want one of the mimics the sunrise and sunset as the lights fade out and then come back Inn.

2 Likes

Did he specifically grow marijuana under these conditions, or house plants?

1 Like

You know! Write a computer program that’s wifi based, to a light fixture plugin, and call it; The Happy Go Lucky Box…by RONCO and NOW w/Rainmaker model 420 set it and forget it…lol

2 Likes

Please stick around! HahHaha

2 Likes

A budget grow for no reason - #24 by TDubWilly @TDubWilly
Found this on Reinhard Delp.

1 Like

NEW FROM RONCO: THE STEM COMBINE
Set this on the base of your plant/action figure not included…Farmer John $19.95 by hasbo…
Weed combine; climbing the vine, swathing away all the stems and seeds, rolling a joint or bagging it, you set it,U forget it.
Somewhere in the near future! :rofl:

2 Likes

If you can fade in and out it will create less stress on plants overall. Can I have both?

3 Likes