Manifold Tech help

Hi guys.

Been growing very lazily for a few years but want to start learning the manifold technique.

I guess my question is more on how to grow “longer colas” with short node spacing. I have the manifold technique down but struggling with some basics.

I tried the Manifold technique twice and everything went fine until half way through flower. I either get a long cola with big gaps between bud sites OR I get a dense bud with lots of side branching under it? I seem to be struggling to get that sweet spot with the light or there’s a mistake I’m doing that I’m not aware of. Sorry I don’t have pics of the last mess-up, but picture a plant with 4 colas, only, each cola looks like a mini xmas tree instead of a long cola.

I’m running 4 plants in 20l pots under a 600w. Space is 1x1x2m.

1 Like

This is a challenge, and I think the best answer is to allow for stretch, which is strain/genetics dependent, and nutrients all at just the right timing. Part two of this answer, I think some experience in growing is a factor. Knowing what the plant needs, when, and how to change the lighting in your favor to produce the plant you want. Sorry I didn’t answer that directly.

2 Likes

Just as important as what you listed would be careful seed selection for traits you are looking for.

1 Like

600 watt what light?

Sorry for the delay. 600w HPS in flower, 400w MH in veg, Biogrow and Biobloom nutes. The strains used is cheese and Elvis always from clones.